Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 11:12 AM

850 posts, read 1,898,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior 88 fan View Post
What do you expect out of a 'taxocrat'??? Stop voting for these thieves and it will correct itself. Just wait until the tax train steaming from DC gets up to full speed. When will people wake up and look at the history of these fruitcakes before they vote for them???:!!!
exactly who should we vote for? was there an honest intelligent person running? oh wait, honest intelligent people do not seek such positions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 03:11 PM

271 posts, read 665,048 times
I do agree, rarely do I see an honest intelligent person running. More often it's who has more campaign money and who can uncover more dirt on the other.

But if you are disgusted with the person currently in the position, if you vote them for a 2nd term you WILL get the same thing. If you vote for someone else, you at least have the possibility of getting something better. May not happen but at least you can say you tried.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:45 PM

137 posts, read 331,741 times

YouTube - Jack Webb Schools Barack Obama on Healthcare

Maybe these two guys can esplain to the tird, the feelings of the American people. We're sick of big gubbernment and want them to get and keep out of our way!

Old 09-11-2009, 06:29 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonman76 View Post
I do agree, rarely do I see an honest intelligent person running. More often it's who has more campaign money and who can uncover more dirt on the other.

But if you are disgusted with the person currently in the position, if you vote them for a 2nd term you WILL get the same thing. If you vote for someone else, you at least have the possibility of getting something better. May not happen but at least you can say you tried.
Why would a smart person run???? We treat them, their families and friends like dirt. The media hounds them. The pay is less than a equal job in private industry.

IMO, anyone smart enough to do the job, would be smart enough not to.

Old 09-11-2009, 06:34 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
Wisconsin just raised cigarette taxes another 75 cents a pack. Its now up to $2.72.

Buy over the internet.
Or grow your own - it seems that with some grow-lites, you could raise tobacco plants and save a whole lot of money.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:08 AM

88 posts, read 189,882 times
Default Repeat Offenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjay View Post
exactly who should we vote for? was there an honest intelligent person running? oh wait, honest intelligent people do not seek such positions.
The voting public (which is a small percentage thus good for incumbents) keep reelecting the same people over and over ie. Carl Levin, Sander Levin, Debbie Stabenow, Carolyn Cheeks Klpatrick and my personal favorite for Detroit Kwame and before him Coleman Young. If that list doesn't cause you to feel the need for sunshine laws nothing will. The answer is to give them 2 terms, period. The fair people of the State of Michigan need replacements for the Levins and Stabenow asap. If you don't think so, asked yourself one question - in their time in office name one thing they have done for anyone in Michigan - except for corporations aka as big business? There you have your answer - if they are an incumbent vote them out. Once you start doing that you will begin to get a better pool of candidates to pick from and there will be some honest and intelligent choices. Create a part time state legislature and save those insane salaries. Otherwise just more of the same.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:28 PM

850 posts, read 1,898,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook1244 View Post
The voting public (which is a small percentage thus good for incumbents) keep reelecting the same people over and over ie. Carl Levin, Sander Levin, Debbie Stabenow, Carolyn Cheeks Klpatrick and my personal favorite for Detroit Kwame and before him Coleman Young. If that list doesn't cause you to feel the need for sunshine laws nothing will. The answer is to give them 2 terms, period. The fair people of the State of Michigan need replacements for the Levins and Stabenow asap. If you don't think so, asked yourself one question - in their time in office name one thing they have done for anyone in Michigan - except for corporations aka as big business? There you have your answer - if they are an incumbent vote them out. Once you start doing that you will begin to get a better pool of candidates to pick from and there will be some honest and intelligent choices. Create a part time state legislature and save those insane salaries. Otherwise just more of the same.
i agree.
now the 'people' just need to figure out how to take control of their 'employees'.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:21 PM

3,087 posts, read 1,076,328 times
Quote:
I agree with you too!
You forgot to mention John (Dingellberry) Dingell who has been in office since 1955! John Conyers comes to mind as another that needs to get out, been there since 1965.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:40 PM

110 posts, read 247,625 times
Why are american people voting these people?Are they following the third world politics?American people should vote these people out and vote for their future and their kids future.

Old 09-26-2009, 07:13 AM

541 posts, read 985,134 times
Quote:
i agree,and to add to that,maybe some of Thomas Jefferson's paper should be required reading for the voting populace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan