Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 11:31 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,974 times

Advertisements

come on ohio has 6 areas and michigan only has 2 thats a good enough reason to add to michigans.. we are better than ohio we should have more space or at least the same.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:22 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,859,793 times
Send in a request to the Admin's if you think we need new categories. Doesn't hurt to ask them directly.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:44 AM

example why flint/saginaw needs its own spot..Can anyone help me?

Old 05-30-2010, 01:55 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,772,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippydipper View Post
When and how long will it take?
This has to be done by a administrator. I also doubt there would be any other cities with their own forum since the Grand Rapids metro and Detroit ( nearly half of the states population) dominate much. The only addition likely is probably a forum for the UP related topics... if there are many.

Old 05-30-2010, 08:19 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,633,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
come on ohio has 6 areas and michigan only has 2 thats a good enough reason to add to michigans.. we are better than ohio we should have more space or at least the same.
Ohio has more people, and our forum is quite a bit busier. Cincinnati alone has more posts than Detroit and Grand Rapids put together pretty much. And Ohio is much better than Michigan. And this is coming from a former resident of PA, but I will not get into the countless reasons why...

Old 05-30-2010, 09:12 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,859,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
Ohio has more people, and our forum is quite a bit busier. Cincinnati alone has more posts than Detroit and Grand Rapids put together pretty much. And Ohio is much better than Michigan. And this is coming from a former resident of PA, but I will not get into the countless reasons why...
Oh go troll somewhere else.

Ohio, better than Michigan... what a load of horse ****.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:48 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
I'm on the Ohio forum. Dayton didn't have its own forum and there seemed to be lots of posts in the state forum so they finally gave it one. Well perception isn't reality and its a pretty slow forum. Occasionally someone new moving to the area asks a question and there's helpful responses and that's about it.

If someone is moving to Saginaw or wants to know something about Flint - when it shows up in the main Michigan section it will be seen by people who have lived there or still have family there that may have info to offer.

I think that you think by having its own forum somehow there will be more posting by lurkers or new members but I just don't think thats true.
The Michigan forum isn't so busy nor the other areas so big or diverse that they need their own forum.

And Beavercreek33, your posts do tend to be trollish. One comment about how nice MI is does not equate to all your grandstanding for OH vs MI or the multiple whining about how you blew out a tire in Livonia (geez get over it already). I work with people from PA, have driven the turnpike countless times and have a friend that lives west of Philly, but I don't think I've ever posted in PA's forums because I don't have a question and I don't have any info to add. I spent 40+ years in MI, the rest of my family still lives there, I go there all the time. I happen to live in OH because of Wright Patt. Dayton is LUCKY the base is here as its the only thing Dayton has going for it. LUCK does not make Ohio a better place or reason to come on MI forums to gloat about Michiganders moving to Ohio to work. (BTW I also lived in Nebraska and Delaware for the govt, so what)
I'm not even sure why you post here. Your from PA and live in OH. Personally anyone who wants to go to another states forum and ask a question, provide information politely is all good. But 80% of the time that's not what your doing here because I searched by your name and read all your posts (and in OH and in PA)

Last edited by Giesela; 05-31-2010 at 09:59 AM..

Old 05-31-2010, 09:59 AM

I sent a email to the admins. for a flint/saginaw forum and a UP forum. I grew up in metro detroit and lived the last 10 years in the flint area. I now live in savannah and notice that there are 5 forums in ga. but only 2 in michigan. The amount of forums should be based on size of areas and distance and common interest not by how many will post, you dont know how many will post till you have a forum already up and running. The reason we need those 2 forums in my opinion is there are questions and topics for the flint saginaw area that dont belong in the detroit forum and if you put them on the general michigan forum they disapear from page 1 too quick for most who dont go past a page one when scrolling thru a site. The same can be said for a UP section. Some states on this site have forums for cities that dont have lots of posts but still have forums.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:20 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,311,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
I sent a email to the admins. for a flint/saginaw forum and a UP forum. I grew up in metro detroit and lived the last 10 years in the flint area. I now live in savannah and notice that there are 5 forums in ga. but only 2 in michigan. The amount of forums should be based on size of areas and distance and common interest not by how many will post, you dont know how many will post till you have a forum already up and running. The reason we need those 2 forums in my opinion is there are questions and topics for the flint saginaw area that dont belong in the detroit forum and if you put them on the general michigan forum they disapear from page 1 too quick for most who dont go past a page one when scrolling thru a site. The same can be said for a UP section. Some states on this site have forums for cities that dont have lots of posts but still have forums.
Well, it never hurts to try, right?

Old 05-31-2010, 11:39 AM

1,004 posts, read 2,772,544 times
I guess a UP forum could be useful. Though all the crime growth areas: Flint, Ann Arbor, Saginaw, Pontiac etc... all fit perfect under the Detroit forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan