Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 07:05 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times

Advertisements

As we know, Sunday is the day we will remember and pay tribute to all the
men and women who have served our country and protected our freedom and rights through the history of our great nation..

If you are a veteran, we would like to honor you here and express our gratitude..We welcome you to post what breanch you were in and where you served..If there is a special veteran you would honor, we want to know...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 07:35 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times

To my grandfather, Howard F. Goings, who lied about his age and joined the Navy to serve during WW1 at the age of 15...

Old 11-09-2007, 10:02 AM

1,250 posts, read 3,501,599 times
My dad served 20 years in the Air Force. It wasn't always easy and we hated it when he was gone, but I respect him for the sacrifices he was willing to make for our country.

I also want to honor my friend's husband who is in Iraq right now. It is so hard for these guys to leave behind their young families (his wife and 2-year old son) to go to the desert and fight-not knowing if they will make it back.

But, while we're at it, I'd like to honor my friend, as well. She is having a rough time here with the not knowing about where her husband is and how he is doing. We should always remember the families that are left behind and do all we can to support them in their husband's/wife's absence.

Happy Veteran's Day to all of you vets out there. I greatly appreciate all you have contributed to this nation and our freedom. There will never be enough words to express my thanks.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:04 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojilynn View Post
My dad served 20 years in the Air Force. It wasn't always easy and we hated it when he was gone, but I respect him for the sacrifices he was willing to make for our country.

I also want to honor my friend's husband who is in Iraq right now. It is so hard for these guys to leave behind their young families (his wife and 2-year old son) to go to the desert and fight-not knowing if they will make it back.

But, while we're at it, I'd like to honor my friend, as well. She is having a rough time here with the not knowing about where her husband is and how he is doing. We should always remember the families that are left behind and do all we can to support them in their husband's/wife's absence.

Happy Veteran's Day to all of you vets out there. I greatly appreciate all you have contributed to this nation and our freedom. There will never be enough words to express my thanks.
Same here and I would like to also honor my father who was "career air force" and served in WWII.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:35 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
So many I know have served in my family... however I am most proud of my son, who is currently serving in the Marines.

Semper fi

Old 11-09-2007, 12:59 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
I'm married to a Marine, am a mom to an Army Sgt and an aunt to a Marine private.

Happy Veteren's Day to my heros!!!

Old 11-09-2007, 01:09 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,116,881 times
Seems like this should have gone in the Other Topics thread.
I'm just not seeing the Religion and Philosopy part.
?

Old 11-09-2007, 01:22 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
I served 3 years in the army during the Viet Nam era, a long time ago.
Veterans Day has little meaning. What does veterans day mean to most people? It's just another reason for the stores to have sales.
Many of America's heros are without jobs and homeless. Some also need medical attention. Want to find a American hero...look around in the neighborhood dumpsters or homeless shelters.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:30 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
I'm with Vis, let's take care of our veterans. We have more amputees from this war than, I believe, from any other. What care are they given, how will they be provided for during the rest of their lives? Why are we putting them in harms way today?

I'm also a veteran of the Vietnam error.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:52 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,673 times
Thumbs up Veterans Day - A Salute To Our Veterans

With Veteran's Day approaching I'd like to say a heartfelt THANK YOU.

I feel extremely proud to know so many of you, and understand the sacrafices that you and your families have endured and are enduring.

Folks, lets show how much we appreciate out Veterans and those Soldiers, Marines, Sailors and Airmen who are today defending this proud nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues