Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 06:19 PM

4 posts, read 8,709 times

Advertisements

License Plates: Disabled veterans who have a disability rated at 100 percent by the VA or the military service from which they were discharged, due to a diagnosed disease or disorder which substantially impairs or interferes with mobility; are so severely disabled that they are unable to move without the aid of an assistant device; have lost, or lost the use of, one or more limbs, or have suffered permanent blindness, may be eligible for a free “DV” handicap parking license plates.

Iam a 30 Percent Disable Vet i did 10 year stright in U.S.A. Army. I have a handicap parking now. But i like to get my Disable Veterans Plates. I think i have the right to show i am a Disability License Plate.

I dont think this right to

Simple Definition of discrimination
: the practice of unfairly treating a person or group of people differently from other people or groups of people

Disabled Veterans is that dont matter what that person percent is. not in this case not happy not be able to show that iam a Disabled Veterans because i do have a license plates only as a person that has it. Iam a Disable Veterans has a Car Plates but i can not get my Veterans License Plate because iam not 100 percent wow realy.

To me if this not call Discrimination for Disable Veterans with disability to get Handlecap plate not a Disable Veterans that not 100 disable . wow realy this need to be change
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 09:02 AM

12,104 posts, read 23,262,756 times
Your post is so poorly written I am not sure what you are trying to say. Call your local BMV and see what you need to do to get a handicapped plate. It sounds like you already have a placard. It also seems that you are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:43 AM

87 posts, read 491,309 times
I am also 30% DV, and it would never occur to me to demand DV plates.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:18 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by royboone2002 View Post
License Plates: Disabled veterans who have a disability rated at 100 percent by the VA or the military service from which they were discharged, due to a diagnosed disease or disorder which substantially impairs or interferes with mobility; are so severely disabled that they are unable to move without the aid of an assistant device; have lost, or lost the use of, one or more limbs, or have suffered permanent blindness, may be eligible for a free “DV” handicap parking license plates.

Iam a 30 Percent Disable Vet i did 10 year stright in U.S.A. Army. I have a handicap parking now. But i like to get my Disable Veterans Plates. I think i have the right to show i am a Disability License Plate.

I dont think this right to

Simple Definition of discrimination
: the practice of unfairly treating a person or group of people differently from other people or groups of people

Disabled Veterans is that dont matter what that person percent is. not in this case not happy not be able to show that iam a Disabled Veterans because i do have a license plates only as a person that has it. Iam a Disable Veterans has a Car Plates but i can not get my Veterans License Plate because iam not 100 percent wow realy.

To me if this not call Discrimination for Disable Veterans with disability to get Handlecap plate not a Disable Veterans that not 100 disable . wow realy this need to be change
Check with your local state Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).

I am guessing you live in California.

Here is part of their requirements from their web site at: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1...t_facts/ffvr7v

Quote:
Who Qualifies for Disabled Veteran (DV) License Plates?

A veteran who, as a result of an injury or disease that occurred while on active service with the U.S. Armed Forces, qualifies if any of the following apply:

Has a disability rated at 100 percent by the U.S. Veterans Affairs or the military service that discharged the veteran, due to a diagnosed disease or disorder that substantially impairs or interferes with mobility.
Is so severely disabled as to be unable to move without the aid of an assistive device.
Has lost, or lost the use of, one or more limbs.
Is permanently blind, as defined in §19153 of the California Welfare and Institutions Code.

How to Apply for DV License plates

You must:

Complete and sign the Disabled Veteran Certification on the Miscellaneous Certifications (REG 256A) (PDF).
Provide a Medical Statement for Service-Connected. Disabled Veterans located on the REG 256A.
Provide your current registration card or the documentation required to register the vehicle in your name.
Surrender the license plates currently on the vehicle.

Old 11-08-2016, 12:47 PM

3,040 posts, read 4,998,605 times
Obtaining Disabled Veterans plates would depend on what state you live in, in Oregon, a veteran can obtain Disability plates if they are rated at 60% or more, however, these plates don't entitle you to use disabled parking, you have to have a place card.

Old 01-06-2017, 12:46 AM

4 posts, read 8,709 times
Default My Thought if you less then 100 percent Disable Vet you can get tags only if you pay DMV Reg for Car .

agree if they go by Rule of 60 Percent to 100 percent now i understand . That i agree with . I not ask for anything be free . I even pay my Reg tags to have it. Just me Iam A Disable Vet i even pay for my Tages no problem. It only about Money not pay for Reg on it . So be it I pay for mine not ask for nothing Free . I like to have i thing i have earn nothing more nothing less.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:21 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,323,735 times
It's not discrimination. Discrimination would be giving white 100% disabled veteran's plates, but not black 100% disabled. You're not the same as someone who is 100% disabled, so we're not treating similar people differently. You are 30% disabled.

Old 01-08-2017, 10:02 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,075,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
Your post is so poorly written I am not sure what you are trying to say. Call your local BMV and see what you need to do to get a handicapped plate. It sounds like you already have a placard. It also seems that you are making a mountain out of a molehill.
agreed.

OP, its a different scale. There are different requirements.

Old 01-08-2017, 10:26 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,968,136 times
CA issues those plates as a COURTESY to identify those who have suffered a serious injury/illness while in service and will not be charged a fee for a specific vehicle. It is not a right by reason of being disabled. It is not a right by being a veteran. It is not a right by being disable veteran. It's a special privilege reserved only for those with the most serious of injuries/illnesses so they can be exempt from registration fees. It was never intended to identify veterans with SCD's. If your disability was the result of action where you received a Purple Heart, CA has special plates to identify those individuals, but CA isn't like some states where you have a commissary of "veteran" plates to pick from. You are also welcome without restriction to use a specialty frame around your plate. So let's say you are a member of the DAV, you can get a Disable American Veteran frame or decal.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:56 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Find a State that has what you want, and move there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues