Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2011, 11:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,285 times

Advertisements

We will be traveling into Milwaukee on 94 (from Madison) to get to the airport. The plan was to be leaving Madison around 3:30pm. How much traffic will I hit coming in? Any ideas on how much time that drive will take? We aren't flying out until the next day, but I don't want to get caught in traffic forever on our way to the hotel.

Also, any recommendations on a hotel for park & fly? Looking for cheap, but decent, for myself & 2 kids.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Last edited by jackcap; 01-27-2011 at 11:30 AM.. Reason: ETA park & fly ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 05:05 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times
You can stay at any hotel and most decent hotels have a van that will take you to the airport so don't feel like you have to stay at a hotel next to the airport.

I highly recommend the Hilton City Center due to the fact that it has a water park inside and it is designed for kids. Milwaukee Hotels - Hilton Milwaukee City Center Hotel, WI - Wisconsin

Any hotel next to airport will just be pool and rooms. Plenty of airport themed restaurants close by on Layton and Howell.

Traffic will be usually medium to heavy depending on accidents and snow by the time you arrive in Milwaukee around 430/5.

I would try to leave earlier but with kids in school that might not be available.

http://region4mensgymnastics.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/hiltonMilwaukee2.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-28-2011, 12:52 PM

92 posts, read 230,007 times
There is also a Holiday Inn Express on S 13th St (not sure if it has a Milwaukee or Oak Creek address) that also has a small indoor water park. We stayed there when we were here house-hunting before moving to the area. It's about 10 minutes from the airport.

No idea about drive time for you, but as long as it's not snowing, the drive isn't bad, even around 894/94 in the construction. It gets heavier after 3pm when a lot of people get off work and schools let out, but heading east is the less congested direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee