Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 12:01 AM

60 posts, read 108,002 times

Advertisements

hi I know others posted riverwest threads but....i just wanted to ask. im 30 some and wondering if riverwest is cool to live. fun bars? places to eat? arty? a young vibe in general? also does anybody know of the hifi lofts? if so, Good neighborhood? anything will help thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 09:57 AM

448 posts, read 1,820,442 times
The neighborhood around the HIFI lofts is very good in a cool way. It is a very strong and vibrant neighborhood. There are plenty of good spots to eat and drink and is probably everything you may want. Center Street is the big commercial concentration of clubs.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:21 AM

thanks man, wish more ppl would reply tho... lets go peeps!!!!

Old 07-01-2011, 08:26 AM

711 posts, read 1,689,577 times
Hey, I lived less than two blocks away from hifi lofts for about 6 years in the 00's. It's a pretty decent area, you've got a couple restaurants, a handful of bars, parks, and coffee shop within a 5 minute walk. The area is relatively safe with overall good neighbors.

I would recommend this area if you've lived in a city before. Have common sense and you'll experience the best of this neighborhood. It's a nice distance to bike Downtown or the East Side... plus good bus routes for getting around.

I still have family a block away and I'm in the area frequently. It's been improving gradually for years and that seems to be continuing.

Are you looking to rent or buy?

Old 07-01-2011, 11:57 AM

buy, but only cndo/town home on 1st floor with my own door. no going up 3 floors in a elevator and stuff like that

Old 07-01-2011, 01:43 PM

711 posts, read 1,689,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaleg View Post
buy, but only cndo/town home on 1st floor with my own door. no going up 3 floors in a elevator and stuff like that
Ok, I was just wondering if it was a condo owner renting their unit or not... but that's not an issue. It seems that hifi is a good option, if I remember right the condo dues are reasonable, I would try to get covered parking if possible.

I parked on the street for 6 years and wasn't broken into or vandalized, but it's just nicer not having to dig out your car.

Good luck on your move

Old 07-01-2011, 05:36 PM

they have 2 paprking spots per owner. 1 garage and 1 outside gated

Old 07-18-2011, 06:25 PM

6 posts, read 9,049 times
I love riverwest. I live on the east side, but I love the little shops and energy combined with the strong community. However, parts of it are rundown and I personally would not feel safe in a lot of parts at night. It has been "in transition" for many years, and some of the houses look as though they should be bulldozed. I do enjoy riverwest, but I could not pull the trigger to live there.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:03 PM

16 posts, read 63,413 times
RW is arty with a hippie/punkrock vibe. Proudly idealistic and community-minded. Too close to the hood for some.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:56 AM

158 posts, read 486,033 times
My question - is there more than one elementary school and if so, which one is considered to be better? And while we are at it, which area(s) of RW are considered to be safer - and by that I mean more block watch community owner occupied type blocks? Further north - south - east, or is is block by block?
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee