Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 09:48 PM

358 posts, read 451,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John241 View Post
If you read his posts, you'd realize that most of them revolve around "blaming whitey".

It doesn't matter though, other posters have openly stated he is on their ignore list and I will be adding him to mine.
No, his posts do not revolve around that. You're just being overly sensitive.

I'm happy that Devitron has returned to the forum. His posts are well written and intelligent, and he knows how to counterbalance all the racist remarks.

For some reason this forum has been overtaken lately by bigots, and it makes Milwaukee look absolutely terrible. Devitron is a breath of fresh air.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 09:34 PM

160 posts, read 349,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWcolonel View Post
So, I guess my sister must have dressed provocatively and she just got what was coming to her. Huh? Yea...it's her fault, hey, maybe it wasn't even rape, maybe she wanted it.
It's too bad what happened to your sister, but remember, there are people in this world that are so ideologically driven that they will throw anyone under any bus. They will discredit/dismiss any experience of others that doesn't reinforce their own ideologically driven worldview.

Don't get upset over them as they are who they are.

"I learned long ago never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty and besides, the pig likes it".

Save your real world experiences and values for those that truly accept them and use them to make people aware and for change for the better.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWcolonel View Post
Thanks for the advice. It's people like you that make me feel like I'm not the last sane man on Earth.
You're welcome.
What I try to keep in mind is, while one can never attempt to penetrate the noggin of an ideologue, one should always remember that other people are watching, reading. Thus, my comment about not 'trying to teach a pig to dance as you'll get dirty, both will get mad, and the pig enjoys it'. There are a few different variations of it, but it all comes from the 'casting pearls before swine'.

What that academic said about chris rock regretting his doing that bit about 'blacks and the dreaded, prohibited n word' was that, in 'the black community' there's an accepted understanding about not airing their dirty laundry in front of whites. Thus, if indeed chris did have remorse, it was for being 'black honest in front of black folks in a situation where white people witnessed it.'

Academics probably aren't aware of this agreed upon rule in the black community because academia is predominantly the affluent white community.

Hey, mebbe we are also edjomakating 5000 in real black people and the black community?

Old 07-28-2011, 04:31 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,563,870 times
milwaukee's awesome, there are very few problems in the city , plus there's Summerfest, a great festival, and the Harley Museum as well.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:17 AM

1,045 posts, read 2,005,213 times
I have no problem with D5000 challenging Hotbug. Hotbug should be challenged. He or she insults, degrades, assumes, etc...... People should be called on this. I don't see D5000 as a troll. We will agree to disagree on this one.

Last edited by Allan Trafton; 07-30-2011 at 08:37 AM..

Old 07-30-2011, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devitron5000 View Post
Gladly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbug
I've got a lot of them, but I don't use "axe" as in, "You gotsta axe her dat fo yo self". I do sometimes use "gotsta" or "gotta" tho. Oh, and "tho".
The defense rests
I've met quite a few dumb lawyers, but I don't think even the bottom 20% of that sector would put that out there w/o laughing.

Liberal/progressives are so amusing, how adamant they are in how 'right' they are, yet at the same time, demonstrating how ignorant they are about everything outside of their tiny, tightly controlled sphere.

There are about 3 different 'dialects' in what I wrote and none of them are exclusive to any race. But I guess if one isn't exposed to a lot of different people from a lot of different places, one doesn't know things like that. (but after 8 pages, I'm glad you finally found your 'proof' lmao)

"Fried chicken" is another one. Gonna jump on your proclamations on how that is racist too? lol! You've clearly never been down to The South. Relatedly, I prefer fried catfish--that's another staple of Southern Cooking....thus why it's on most menus at black restaurants.....oh, and white southern ones......

I am glad that I am able to expose you to other things.
I heard a black UW professor state how there's no such thing as 'soul food' when it's basically the same thing white southerners eat. You should have heard the gasps(!) from the black women students!!! They called him a "sellout" and all sorts of silly, ignorant things.

Milwaukee probably has some black restaurants. I'd think so.
Don't like peach cobbler tho.......

Old 07-30-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John241 View Post
Why are all of you guys so pissy lately? Sheesh.
It's the standard cookie cutter, internet fare mostly along the liberal/progressive side of things.

Make accusations/proclamations.
Continue to do so, hoping something will 'stick'.
When that fails, start to demand the other be banned.
When that doesn't work, proclaim they have nothing of value to add.
When others see that's not so, then proclaim that they are putting Mr/Ms X on their ignore list due to being a 'troll' and suggest others also do so.

Like I said, it's standard internet kid stuff.
I know this as I've been using the internet since algore invented it, so I don't expect anything less. However, I am aware that others are reading.

This is also why such topics like this often come up. They aren't truly for discussion, rather, they are for trying to attack/discredit milwaukee/etc.

Milwaukee is fine. Like another poster here said, if people don't like somewhere, they SHOULD VOTE WITH THEIR FEET and move. This is why a lot of people from chicago are moving to WI. And a lot of cheeseheads are moving outside of milwaukee proper, and madison, and dane county, etc.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
Hotbug should be challenger.
I think that blew up a while ago.

I can tell ya a story about a 'journalist' sent there to cover it, but that has nothing to do with the topic.

"Is there any correlation between demographic and crime in the various areas of milwaukee? And if so, why?" would be.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:37 AM

1,045 posts, read 2,005,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbug View Post
I think that blew up a while ago.

I can tell ya a story about a 'journalist' sent there to cover it, but that has nothing to do with the topic.

"Is there any correlation between demographic and crime in the various areas of milwaukee? And if so, why?" would be.
My mistake. I'll pass on the story.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:01 AM

8,290 posts, read 23,122,463 times
How to fix Milwaukee's segregation problems....."you"(Government) cannot fix Milwaukee's segregation "problems". Only "we"(the people) can, anything else is social engineering and does not work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee