Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 10:18 AM

4 posts, read 9,747 times

Advertisements

Hi..I am moving to Milwaukee soon(young family) from Atlanta.Will be working in downtown Milwaukee.Looking for a good apartment in a safe area.I am south indian so if indians are around in the apartment community will be nice,but open.I like places with balcony and close to shops,restaurants(kind of happening areas).
Any suggestions on good neighborhoods and specific apartments around 1K rent and not far from downtown
Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 11:41 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,099,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_pravin View Post
Hi..I am moving to Milwaukee soon(young family) from Atlanta.Will be working in downtown Milwaukee.Looking for a good apartment in a safe area.I am south indian so if indians are around in the apartment community will be nice,but open.I like places with balcony and close to shops,restaurants(kind of happening areas).
Any suggestions on good neighborhoods and specific apartments around 1K rent and not far from downtown
Thanks!!
Do you have kids? If not, just live downtown. $1000-1300 will get you access to the majority of rentals in the area.
Attached Thumbnails
Moving to Milwaukee - Good apartments and areas-dt.png  

Old 05-06-2016, 12:22 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,891,624 times
Without any children - pretty much anything Downtown or East Side. Brady St, or Walker's Point are full with nightlife if that's your thing. Shorewood and Whitefish Bay could be cheaper, quieter and further out. Riverwest might be a good option too - even cheaper, reasonably safe still.

Old 05-06-2016, 12:32 PM

Thanks for your replies.I have a 2 year old son.So I have to balance between happening place and some place for him to ply

Old 05-06-2016, 02:06 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,891,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_pravin View Post
Thanks for your replies.I have a 2 year old son.So I have to balance between happening place and some place for him to ply
Milwaukee has lots of parks, all of them seems totally safe during the day at least. Betty Brinn Children's Museum is a nice place for kids too. But on another hand, Shorewood and Whitefish Bay has K4 classes and it's a nice option and totally free... And they aren't too far from the downtown, you can even ride a bike to work from Whitefish Bay.

I live in Whitefish Bay and know both the apartment complex I am moving from and moving to, have several available 2-br apartments for under $1000, heat included.

I've seen on CL 2br apartments in Shorewood available for $700 too.

Old 05-06-2016, 03:02 PM

Thankyou so much for the info.Its really helpful.May I know the names of the 2 apartments u mentioned and some other apartments in the area with good reputation.Thanks again

Old 05-08-2016, 08:05 PM

9 posts, read 13,215 times
I live in the Washington Heights neighborhood which is a ten minute car ride to downtown. It's super centrally located and has lots of duplexes for rent. It's also very close to many bars/restaurants that are very popular. Our duplex rents for 750 and is a two bedroom upper. Our rent seems lower than average for what we have (quite nice, renovated with charm, allows pets and has a driveway and garage spot), but comparable places rent for 800-1000.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:28 AM

@katvandy: Thanks for your reply.Any apartment names you would like to recommend

Old 05-09-2016, 09:43 PM

9 posts, read 13,215 times
@john_pravin: There are not any apartment complexes that I know names of off the top of my head. I would look at craigslist Milwaukee apts/homes and search "Washington Heights" You'll get a good idea of what the area is like and may see the name of some buildings come up. Everything in the area is older, but has lots of charm. The best way to find places in the area is to drive around and look for "for rent" signs and call the number. I understand that's not always a possibility, though, especially when moving from out of state so I'd check Craigslist in your position. It's actually one of the best resources for finding duplexes or other apartments in the Milwaukee area.

Old 06-03-2016, 03:23 PM

17 posts, read 37,259 times
My personal recommendation; Greendale and New Berlin. Both of them are about 10 minutes from most Milwaukee areas, 15 perhaps. Greendale has a small town feel and has many fairs and parades and events plus an excellent school district. NB is similar in pricing and schooling but newer properties.

My employer hired a new Regional Director (from the East coast) and I advised him to drive west on Greefield Ave starting at 124th st - he was back in 2 hours having secured an apartment to his liking; apparently there are too many to choose from.

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee