Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 05:56 PM

11 posts, read 17,849 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am originally from WI and considering moving back after 30 years away. I left in part because I wanted to train in alternative medicine and healing methods which were not seen as optimal in the 80s and 90s. I wondered if the conservative view of medicine has shifted much and I'm looking at Pewaukee or Hartland to open a practice and wondered what people think of those areas? I'm moving back to be close to family and I've always missed WI, though not sure if the WI I remember is the WI of today.

Also, for those areas, I'm looking for quiet, strong internet and with open-minded people and low drug-use (moving from a place that has some serious meth and marijuana growing going on so wanting to get away from this). I realize drugs are everywhere, but hoping to pick a lower drug area.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration! Blessings!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 06:48 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
I think you are looking at two communities in the core conservative mindsets in Wisconsin. There may be enough people to support your practice, but it isn't exactly known as an open minded or progressive region. Quite the opposite.

Old 09-02-2018, 11:32 PM

11 posts, read 17,849 times
thank you for responding timerline742

Old 09-04-2018, 12:29 PM

253 posts, read 393,905 times
Madison, Appleton or Eau Claire maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyfully789 View Post
Hi,

I am originally from WI and considering moving back after 30 years away. I left in part because I wanted to train in alternative medicine and healing methods which were not seen as optimal in the 80s and 90s. I wondered if the conservative view of medicine has shifted much and I'm looking at Pewaukee or Hartland to open a practice and wondered what people think of those areas? I'm moving back to be close to family and I've always missed WI, though not sure if the WI I remember is the WI of today.

Also, for those areas, I'm looking for quiet, strong internet and with open-minded people and low drug-use (moving from a place that has some serious meth and marijuana growing going on so wanting to get away from this). I realize drugs are everywhere, but hoping to pick a lower drug area.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration! Blessings!

Old 10-03-2018, 08:58 AM

83 posts, read 75,596 times
Hi there. I know you are looking at Pewaukee and Hartland, but have you ever thought of other areas of Wisconsin? Perhaps other areas that don't have a large alternative medicine following, but need one? I am from a smaller town in a predominantly rural county full of smaller towns. We need people like you to move here and start these services. Take a look at Dodge County area. Keep an open mind and take a look around sometime. We do have some Reiki, Yoga, and Energy practitioners in the area, but I think you would be welcome by many of us searching for your skills. I think the biggest town (about 15k) is Beaver Dam. Downtown Beaver Dam, Inc. is looking to expand and welcome new businesses into their downtown area. Yes, it is a small town, but they are looking to make some changes and revitalize the area.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:52 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,886,587 times
I just moved for work into Pewaukee (from Brookfield WI) and am really amazed at the concentrration of businesses (with some true gems) in the area. Maybe, if you're really good, and advertise right, you might actually have a chance to grow your business in the suburbs..?

It's always Product, People, Price, Place, Promotions and Priorities.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:36 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,247,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjoan View Post
Hi there. I know you are looking at Pewaukee and Hartland, but have you ever thought of other areas of Wisconsin? Perhaps other areas that don't have a large alternative medicine following, but need one? I am from a smaller town in a predominantly rural county full of smaller towns. We need people like you to move here and start these services. Take a look at Dodge County area. Keep an open mind and take a look around sometime. We do have some Reiki, Yoga, and Energy practitioners in the area, but I think you would be welcome by many of us searching for your skills. I think the biggest town (about 15k) is Beaver Dam. Downtown Beaver Dam, Inc. is looking to expand and welcome new businesses into their downtown area. Yes, it is a small town, but they are looking to make some changes and revitalize the area.
There’s not enough disposable income in that part of WI to support such businesses unfortunately.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:52 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,886,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damba View Post
There’s not enough disposable income in that part of WI to support such businesses unfortunately.
oh yeah, in Pewaukee - there is.

Old 10-06-2018, 09:20 AM

83 posts, read 75,596 times
That is not exactly true. Do you know this area? Many people here are looking for alternatives and change in their health. We have acupuncturists, and other practitioners here and they are doing well. People are willing to pay to feel better. Cost of living is cheaper here, and our city is now more receptive to new small start up businesses. There is a lot of support here.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:37 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times
I know there is a health place in Slinger and Me-no-money Falls and of course the place on Capitol Drive around 110th St.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee