Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 05:49 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,519,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
Thank you so very much for your offer. I am afraid the Picante sauce and Jalapeno peppers might be too much for me. I usually eat cheese with crackers, or melted with Wheat bread.

Do you happen to know if there is Wisconsin cheese being sold through the internet, that is a reputable company ?

Que nombre de queso usted recomienda?
Me gusta el queso blandito.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2019, 09:24 PM

4,648 posts, read 3,254,543 times
Hola, sasie123, I do not know of any cheese sold through the internet. But a great start would be Mars Cheese Castle, in Kenosha! Por mi parte, me gusta queso chedar!

Old 12-04-2019, 09:51 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,315,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
Thank you so very much for your offer. I am afraid the Picante sauce and Jalapeno peppers might be too much for me. I usually eat cheese with crackers, or melted with Wheat bread.

Do you happen to know if there is Wisconsin cheese being sold through the internet, that is a reputable company ?

Que nombre de queso usted recomienda?
The Mars Cheese Castle, as Master Jay recommends, has a very good online store:

https://www.marscheese.com/

The Wisconsin Cheese Mart, located in downtown Milwaukee, handles internet sales and does a brisk business:

https://www.wisconsincheesemart.com/

The West Allis Cheese and Sausage Shoppe, a local favorite, has an online store:

Wisconsin Cheese Shop | Handmade Sausage | Online Cheese | West Allis Cheese and Sausage Shoppe Wisconsin

A little more upscale and selective is Larry's Market, located in Brown Deer. I'm not sure if they do online business, though:

http://www.larrysmarket.com/

One of my favorite Wisconsin cheese is Roth Buttermilk Blue Cheese (though I've enjoyed a lot of their other cheeses as well):

http://www.rothcheese.com/cheese/but...lk-blue-cheese

Old 12-05-2019, 05:50 AM

Empidonax, you are a great source of cheese knowledge!!! On another note (and forgive me because I can not recall if I ever asked you this), as a resident of Bay View, are you a fan of Groppi's Deli? They would certainly have cheeses in their open deli, or packaged for sale.

Old 12-05-2019, 06:11 AM

5,978 posts, read 7,382,129 times
Personally, I prefer Steve’s Cheese:

Steve's Cheese

While they have been bought out by another company, they’re still quite good and have an excellent selection of cheeses.

I came across them when a buddy of mine had a commercial cleaning business that cleaned their office area. He set a bunch of us up to go there after hours for a private tasting. Yum! I learned a lot about cheese I didn’t know, especially about aging and how it drastically alters the taste of a cheese.

I highly recommend them.

RM

Old 12-05-2019, 06:40 AM

2,567 posts, read 5,315,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Empidonax, you are a great source of cheese knowledge!!! On another note (and forgive me because I can not recall if I ever asked you this), as a resident of Bay View, are you a fan of Groppi's Deli? They would certainly have cheeses in their open deli, or packaged for sale.
Master Jay, I like Groppi's well enough-- they carry a decent variety of domestic and imported cheese. Their turnover isn't so great, so some stuff sits around and gets a bit brown. I generally prefer getting cheese at Larry's, Whole Foods, and (sometimes) Sendik's, though Outpost sometimes has a good variety of interesting Wisconsin cheese. Glorioso's is very good for Italian cheese, but even better is Tenuta's in Kenosha!

Old 12-05-2019, 07:25 AM

Empidonax, how the HECK did we get so far off my topic???? I blame that sasie123!!!

Actually I've never been to Gloriosos. But YES to Tenuta's Deli in Kenosha!!! Their restaurant in Racine is ok. But their restaurant in Bay View (your side of town) is really good. I believe they were voted recently as a top Italian restaurant in Milwaukee for 2019, if not THE top. I'll have to check with my source!

And I can happily say (to go full circle to my topic …) that I've never had a questionable experience at ANY of these mentioned places

And to the employee at Burger King in Racine, for the record, I truly believe she had nothing by good intentions in her heart, and therefore I appreciate her taking the time to see that we were satisfied, as customers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee