Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 09:23 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,886,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeAmerican View Post
I can't imagine living with so much unnecessary fear in my life. If Whitefish Bay isn't "safe" anymore, then you should move to rural Wisconsin since you're going to find more crime when you reside in ANY major metropolis - or move to an island in the middle of nowhere. Seriously, and I don't mean to sound rude. The more populous an area is, the more crime there will be.

I listened to petards (and I am pretty sure some gun shots) happening just accross the Milwaukee river all summer. And there has been more than quite a few times when there has been massive activity from the police along I43 and N Port Washington Rd. My car standing in my driveway was burglarized and the guy who did it was arrested but released thereafter. Is it too much of a fear and is it unnecessary?

I am not saying that Wfb is a crime ridden place. But it is not far enough from a ghetto that if there's any riot in Milwaukee and police departments are defunded, Whitefish Bay is not far enough from the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2020, 09:59 PM

512 posts, read 473,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
I listened to petards (and I am pretty sure some gun shots) happening just accross the Milwaukee river all summer. And there has been more than quite a few times when there has been massive activity from the police along I43 and N Port Washington Rd. My car standing in my driveway was burglarized and the guy who did it was arrested but released thereafter. Is it too much of a fear and is it unnecessary?

I am not saying that Wfb is a crime ridden place. But it is not far enough from a ghetto that if there's any riot in Milwaukee and police departments are defunded, Whitefish Bay is not far enough from the city.
No, this is just an irrational right-wing fear.

Old 12-02-2020, 10:37 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,886,587 times
As I said, I acquired this perception during summer of 2020 and I tend to trust my observations and thought process. It's not Uncle Joe, nor Mr Trump, nor Governor Evers and thank God not InnovativeAmerican who is responsible for my family and mine safety. It is me.

I really don't want to make this thread an arena for political discussion, the topic was if there's any big or slight differences within area code 53092.

Old 12-03-2020, 09:07 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times
Quote:
No, this is just an irrational right-wing fear.

If it can happen in Tosa then it can happen in WFB or anyother inner ring suburb.

Old 12-06-2020, 11:02 PM

512 posts, read 473,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
If it can happen in Tosa then it can happen in WFB or anyother inner ring suburb.
What could happen, riots or police departments getting defunded? They both could happen. But worrying about something that is very rare is pointless. I can explain why the term "defund the police" isn't self-explanatory, but I will respect the OP's wishes about not wanting to turn this thread into a political discussion.

Old 12-10-2020, 05:36 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times
Quote:
What could happen, riots or police departments getting defunded? They both could happen. But worrying about something that is very rare is pointless. I can explain why the term "defund the police" isn't self-explanatory, but I will respect the OP's wishes about not wanting to turn this thread into a political discussion.

I was making a point on location, geographic location. The distance between Tosa and the inner city and WFB and the inner city. It could happen there because they are closer to more of the dangerous neighborhoods. I doubt it would happen in Old Ashippun. That is all I was saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee