Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 11:56 PM

132 posts, read 241,514 times

Advertisements

Okay, I know that this will seem like the most gruesome and bizarre request of all time, but I've got to know because I'm indirectly related to this and I just found out about it but can't find any details online.

There was a murder in Golden Valley in 1974, December 10 to be exact. Dr. John Glaeser, his wife, and their daughter were killed, and I think (don't know for sure) that their son Robert was the killer.

If anyone has any info about this murder, it would really be helpful to me. Thanks and I apologize in advance if this is offensive and hurtful to anyone.

Last edited by Haley Wood; 04-14-2013 at 12:02 AM.. Reason: title change
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 12:14 AM

432 posts, read 1,227,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haley Wood View Post
Okay, I know that this will seem like the most gruesome and bizarre request of all time, but I've got to know because I'm indirectly related to this and I just found out about it but can't find any details online.

There was a murder in Golden Valley in 1974, December 10 to be exact. Dr. John Glaeser, his wife, and their daughter were killed, and I think (don't know for sure) that their son Robert was the killer.

If anyone has any info about this murder, it would really be helpful to me. Thanks and I apologize in advance if this is offensive and hurtful to anyone.

I just googled and came up with information. Look at this website.

Explore Historical Newspaper Archives Online | NewspaperARCHIVE.com

http://newspaperarchive.com/sheboyga...4-12-11/page-8

Old 04-14-2013, 08:49 AM

Thanks for finding that! Unfortunately, there are no details as to the motive and that's what I'm trying to uncover.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:32 AM

987 posts, read 3,817,383 times
Do you know the address?

Old 04-14-2013, 03:34 PM

No, just Golden Valley, and he worked at North Memorial Hospital. Dr. Glaeser was scheduled to do surgery the morning of the 11th, but he, his wife, their daughter, and their son were all found shot to death (murder/suicide). The story says that the police had found evidence of motive, but that's it. It is a very strange story -- what happened there and then my connection to the story, and I'd just like to know. Thanks for any info!

Old 04-14-2013, 03:37 PM

987 posts, read 3,817,383 times
Well if you could find out where he lived I can ask the neighbors.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:28 PM

The daughter, Ann (who also went by Lisa from what I understand), went to Robbinsdale High School, and there were three other children: Joan, Janet, and Thomas, all of whom had moved out of the home (adults, I'm guessing) so they weren't there that night. I don't know if that helps at all.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:42 PM

1 posts, read 8,346 times
The son killed his parents and sister, and then himself. The motive was an argument between the father and mother, whether to commit son to a mental institution. The mother did not want to and the father felt it was necessary. Son killed all who were home then himself. We almost bought the house where this occurred until we found out about it, so we got info from the Golden Valley police department.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:19 AM

327 posts, read 526,112 times
Haley, I'm curious, what is your connection?

Old 01-05-2014, 10:01 PM

Default Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcserumgard View Post
The son killed his parents and sister, and then himself. The motive was an argument between the father and mother, whether to commit son to a mental institution. The mother did not want to and the father felt it was necessary. Son killed all who were home then himself. We almost bought the house where this occurred until we found out about it, so we got info from the Golden Valley police department.

I figured it was some sort of out of control thing. Thanks for letting me know. I haven't checked in so long because I didn't expect to find info, but I'm glad to find out the story. It matters in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul