Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 03:03 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The problem is the "good" people keep abandoning places instead of working to make them better so the bad folks get free reign to run around breaking the law and hurting folks. What is the answer? I don't know, but when you are worried about your kids or your spouse, that is a powerful thing.

I work in St Paul, have really cool houses around my job that I could easily live in and walk to work, walk home for lunch. Virtually no one I work with lives in St Paul. It's sad really, 50-70 years ago most of the houses were built by people who worked where I worked. They walked to work, walked home for lunch or their wife (who didn't work) would come to our building and eat with them. Society used to be so much better, now we are all scared rabbits.

I don't hate the city at all, in fact I would love to live there but I just don't want to deal with the bad people who have moved in.
It's been going on since I was born (early 80s) and before. A lot of "white flight" from the East Side. There were some bloody talented kids who I played hockey with as a youngster that all left for the 'burbs.

And really I don't blame anyone for it TBH...kind of surprised my parents decided to raise me and my siblings on the ES but God bless 'em for it because I'm a stronger person for it because of it.

But I personally wouldn't raise kids here in the current state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 06:14 PM

141 posts, read 160,536 times
Ok, looked around and set up some viewings for tomorrow.

What do you guys think about Maplewood, more precisely the area around Atlantic Street?

I don't mind something more basic, but I care about safety and quiet.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:02 PM

6,556 posts, read 7,136,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacere View Post

What do you guys think about Maplewood, more precisely the area around Atlantic Street?

Where is Atlantic street? Maplewood seems to run for 100 miles north to south. It basically almost touches Cottage Grove to the south and borders White Bear to the north.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:13 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacere View Post

That area (by Keller GC?) is just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul