Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2006, 09:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,338 times

Advertisements

soon to be visiting your area. Need help or ideas to move around town. Bars,restaurants etc. very open minded. reverendneighbor@aol.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2006, 10:20 PM

157 posts, read 716,446 times
I heartily recommend Milda's in my neighborhood. From downtown, take Glenwood Avenue west. It's on your left just before Penn Avenue. Then after you have my favorite, which is two eggs over easy with bisquits and gravy for about $5, cross Penn Avenue and keep going west past the old Fruen Elevators, where they used to make a hot cereal years ago. Then cross into Golden Valley and there is Wirth Park. Park and walk about. It's like a vast forest within the city.

Looking for colorful characters? Then have breakfast early, from 7 to 9am at the Uptown McDonald's, near Hennepin and Lake Streets. It's a great crossroads of a place. You may meet the likes of a moviemaker/writer/director/producer (me), Charles the philosopher, Marshall who was a Guthrie Theater Actor, and long-term Uptown residents John, Buck and Frank. They can tell you of the changes in Uptown, from horse paths to Malls. Biker Bob can tell you where the best meal deals are in the area. There's also a singer/actress who comes in later in the day.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:56 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,377,717 times
If you're in uptown for breakfast forget McDonalds and go to the Uptown Diner, better coffee and better food. The bars there are definitely worth checking out at night. I like Stellas and Williams.

For other nightlife check out Block E or if you're in St. Paul check out the bars on Grand Ave (Billy's, Bonfire, etc.). I also like Tiffany's if you're in St. Paul.

For tourism the only thing worth noting is the Mall of America located in Bloomington, only a quick light rail ride from the airport. If you like sports you should check out the Wild (hockey) or Timberwolves (basketball). Wolves tickets are very easy to obtain but you might have some difficulty obtaining decent Wild seats.

There is alot more in the area but it totally depends what you're into. There is alot of nice nature areas to check out, arts/theater, winter sports/leisure, gambling, etc.

Old 01-04-2007, 01:02 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,590,323 times
If you are here the last week of the month, check out the Winter Carnival in downtown St. Paul (though I am afraid they might have to cancel it this year on account of lack of winter!). While you are downtown, stop in at Great Waters for a good brewski. For some great food that's probably different than what you may get in hoosierland, check out Eat Street in Mpls. or University Avenue (Rice to Lexington) in St. Paul

Old 02-20-2007, 03:51 PM

157 posts, read 716,446 times
Default Pinera

Pinera is a cafe in St. Louis Park, within the new condos/shopping complexes. You can get breakfast-type muffins, bagels and other baked goods all day long. Nicest thing is the refillable coffee cup. You pay upfront just once. Then you have four choices of coffee.

Customers include self-employed business types pounding their keyboards, since the place has WiFi. Businessmen. Retirees. Moms with little kids.

Parking is free. But be careful. Some signs say 30 minutes. Some say an hour. I try to park a block away for no time restriction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul