Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 07:04 PM

137 posts, read 609,532 times

Advertisements

You can put the blame on me for bringing up this old thread; however, lightening sometimes strikes twice in the same place. Another job in my field is currently available in TRF.

The employer is fantastic-- no issues there. It's mainly because of this organization that I'm looking into TRF again.

My only reservation is lack of community recreation. Please, if there are any Prowlers out there, tell me about year-round activities for young children. Hockey program? Swimming pool and lessons? Soccer? Summertime sports for the children? Does the city Parks Department administer these programs? Since I cannot find any information from the city's webpage, can you please direct me to the correct website?

Normally I wouldn't resurrect an old thread, but this opportunity job-wise would be an excellent fit, but I have to make sure the community fits my family's needs.

Thank you, again, in advance for all your wonderful responses; I truly appreciate it!

Respecfully Yours,
disneyrecords
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 07:23 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,083,172 times
I have friends who still live there, I have friends who just moved there tonight too!

it's winter time now, so there is not much going on that I know of...

Old 12-13-2009, 10:30 PM

4,818 posts, read 10,954,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyrecords View Post
You can put the blame on me for bringing up this old thread; however, lightening sometimes strikes twice in the same place. Another job in my field is currently available in TRF.

The employer is fantastic-- no issues there. It's mainly because of this organization that I'm looking into TRF again.

My only reservation is lack of community recreation. Please, if there are any Prowlers out there, tell me about year-round activities for young children. Hockey program? Swimming pool and lessons? Soccer? Summertime sports for the children? Does the city Parks Department administer these programs? Since I cannot find any information from the city's webpage, can you please direct me to the correct website?

Normally I wouldn't resurrect an old thread, but this opportunity job-wise would be an excellent fit, but I have to make sure the community fits my family's needs.

Thank you, again, in advance for all your wonderful responses; I truly appreciate it!

Respecfully Yours,
disneyrecords

Maybe this website is one you were looking for. If not there is a phone number for the park and rec dept to call for info....

Park & Rec.

Parktour

I live about 50 miles southwest of TRF...I have been there a few times. They have a great new hockey arena (Ralph Englestad Arena -- a minature version of the one in Grand Forks) so their hockey facitilies are top notch and all cities in northwest MN have excellent hockey programs/skating programs for 4-5 yrs olds and up. Prowler football is also big.

There is a soccer program in TRF...but it is a pretty new one. Here is some contact info I found on-line as there wasnt much info otherwise.
MYSA Directory Club Contacts

And I did find out that the pool in town is at Franklin Middle School. Here is a copy of the Summer Rec Guide (pdf). Scroll down middle ways and you will find some info on lessons offered. Lessons are offerred by TRF Community Education. Also listed is T-ball and baseball for kids.

http://www.trf.k12.mn.us/school394/g..._ed_summer.pdf

Dan

Old 12-14-2009, 03:09 PM

137 posts, read 609,532 times
Thank you. This forum is amazing!

Old 12-27-2009, 08:55 PM

35 posts, read 96,305 times
I grew up in TRF. Don't have kids now so I don't know much about all the sports and rec programs they have now though

Old 04-01-2010, 11:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,957 times
They have a great newspaper with lots of photos and news. One of the best places to go to relax is the Elks Lodge 1308 on the corner of 3rd street and La Bree. TRF where everybody is somebody!

Old 02-13-2011, 09:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,526 times
Default Thief River

I know this is a really old thread, but, i need some information on rental apartments in Thief River. Could anyone who lives there give me the scoop? Or, is there another site I could go to where I could find information from Real people who live in the town? Thanks for whatever help you can give me!

Old 02-14-2011, 02:02 AM

4,818 posts, read 10,954,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgos View Post
I know this is a really old thread, but, i need some information on rental apartments in Thief River. Could anyone who lives there give me the scoop? Or, is there another site I could go to where I could find information from Real people who live in the town? Thanks for whatever help you can give me!
I live in the Grand Forks area about an hour southwest....and I have some posts occasionally on the Grand Forks craiglist from TRF....

Here is a website with some info....

Thief River Falls Apartment & Rental Units

Best advice for these smaller towns is to call around....many places are not listed on the web.

--Dan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota