Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 03:18 PM

20 posts, read 73,188 times

Advertisements

Please suggest local banks that facilitate online billpay. Most of my banking is done online but I sometimes need to use an ATM for deposits. I rarely visit the branch. Wells Fargo limits you to < 20 billpays a month so that could be a problem.

Please share your thoughts on local Minnetonka area banks for a newbie to MN. Prefarably one with many drive through ATMs, until we get used to the cold

TIA!

Last edited by fknonl1ne; 01-19-2009 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: grammar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 07:01 PM

394 posts, read 1,518,304 times
I work for wells fargo. there are certain account packages that allow you to use bill pay that waives the fee.

Plus, 20 bills in one month? If you have that much, then you could probably geta business acct.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:18 PM

989 posts, read 2,960,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folasanmi View Post
Please suggest local banks that facilitate online billpay. Most of my banking is done online but I sometimes need to use an ATM for deposits. I rarely visit the branch. Wells Fargo limits you to < 20 billpays a month so that could be a problem.

Please share your thoughts on local Minnetonka area banks for a newbie to MN. Prefarably one with many drive through ATMs, until we get used to the cold

TIA!
WF Bill Pay gives you 25 for free and each one after that cost 40 cents. Price of a stamp, so not really a big deal. Not sure you are going to find unlimited bill pay from any banks unless you have a very substantial relationship.

Stay away from TCF unless you want to have problems with certian places accepting your checks.

Think Bank is what used to be IBM Employees Credit Union. Very good service.

Overall any bank is going to have online banking for free these days. Also seems drive through ATM is the gold standard as well.

Best to make deposits at a branch and get a receipt. Only takes one problem to learn that lesson for the rest of your life. Problems almost always resolve, it just takes time which most people have little of for these type of issues.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:09 PM

501 posts, read 1,945,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifford63 View Post
WF Bill Pay gives you 25 for free and each one after that cost 40 cents. Price of a stamp, so not really a big deal. Not sure you are going to find unlimited bill pay from any banks unless you have a very substantial relationship.

Stay away from TCF unless you want to have problems with certian places accepting your checks.

Think Bank is what used to be IBM Employees Credit Union. Very good service.

Overall any bank is going to have online banking for free these days. Also seems drive through ATM is the gold standard as well.

Best to make deposits at a branch and get a receipt. Only takes one problem to learn that lesson for the rest of your life. Problems almost always resolve, it just takes time which most people have little of for these type of issues.
Cheaper than a stamp, so that's a good deal.

What's the deal with TCF & places accepting checks?

ATM's give receipts...

Old 01-19-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNNative View Post
Cheaper than a stamp, so that's a good deal.

What's the deal with TCF & places accepting checks?

ATM's give receipts...
ATMS give receipts if they have paper. They are not perfect.

Who has more than 25 bills?

TCF has reputation for high rates of returned checks. Google that for more info.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:33 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,232,976 times
Wells Fargo, unless TCF has upgraded their website recently. Last time I had a TCF account, their online account management and bill pay areas were terrible in comparison to Wells Fargo.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:36 PM

501 posts, read 1,945,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifford63 View Post
ATMS give receipts if they have paper. They are not perfect.

Who has more than 25 bills?

TCF has reputation for high rates of returned checks. Google that for more info.
I should point out that what I said about the stamp was in agreement with you. The only 40-cent charge per billpay over 20 is a good deal, in my opinion, since it's cheaper than what it would take to mail it. I agree...who has more than 25 bills? lol

I did not know that about TCF...I bank with them so that's good to know.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:15 PM

34 posts, read 112,906 times
Wells Fargo is on-line bill pay is excellent and has fabulous human customer service. You don't even have to fill out a deposit slip for ATM deposit - and I have yet to see them out of paper (I'm probably jinxing myself by saying that).

Old 01-21-2009, 12:23 PM

20 posts, read 73,188 times
thanks everyone. I dont know that I pay more than 20 bills in a month but I am accustomed to Bank of America and Chase, with both of whom unlimited billpay is standard.
If its only 40cents, thats a mute point. Didnt realize it was that cheap

Looks like Well Fargo is the winner. And now that Wachovia is part of Wells, makes it even better!

Thanks again for all your help!

Last edited by fknonl1ne; 01-21-2009 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: add more

Old 01-21-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
Wells Fargo is on-line bill pay is excellent and has fabulous human customer service. You don't even have to fill out a deposit slip for ATM deposit - and I have yet to see them out of paper (I'm probably jinxing myself by saying that).
It happened to me once and I think it was Norwest at the time. It ended up fine, just a hassle to sort out. ATM technology has evolved a good bit, but I still hesitate to deposit to an ATM. Might just be my pig head keeping me from letting go of a bad experiance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota