Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 10:15 AM

285 posts, read 262,534 times

Advertisements

I've lived here for three years now and still have no idea what you people do out here. Like what is done for fun BESIDES hunting, fishing, skiing, and just... walking around? Like I'm asked to go out on a boat with my friends just because. And do what, exactly? Talk? We can do that in a house and on flat land (I cant swim though so that's my personal problem). Like I'm really curious as to what people really do here besides that stuff.

And for those whose first response is: Well if you hate it so much, why don't you move? In-state tuition. That's my reason for staying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 11:36 AM

2,895 posts, read 2,145,496 times
i'd ask what you did for fun before coming to MN and why can't you do that now?

Old 07-05-2016, 11:42 AM

4,096 posts, read 6,219,292 times
So you only have your fourth year left then? Won't have to worry about much longer. Yes a lot of fun and socializing is focused on the outdoors. Otherwise there is a big theater, music and art community in the metro area. I guess there is indoor bowling, tennis and things like that. But with our weather we have to make the most of it when it's nice out, summer or winter. Whatever your hobby or interst is you can find a place and group for that. We do what everyone else does. What do like to do?

Old 07-05-2016, 12:15 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,069,811 times
how about joining a support group?

How to be a better complainer

Old 07-05-2016, 07:05 PM

210 posts, read 286,143 times
It's really hard to believe that you can't find culture, art, music, food, and museums in a city the size of St. Cloud. I can't swim either but that doesn't keep me off my boat. Maybe you just need to try new things. You might just enjoy them if given half the chance.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:55 AM

7,733 posts, read 6,468,122 times
Same as anywhere else? Minnesota rocks for outdoor activities though, I'd be taking advantage of them as much as possible.

What's wrong with hanging out on a boat? I'd rather go out on a boat than just doing the same at home. It's a lot funner!

Old 07-08-2016, 12:37 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,623,509 times
You can always wander aimlessly around a shopping mall.

Old 07-08-2016, 05:26 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,600,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTK View Post
I've lived here for three years now and still have no idea what you people do out here. Like what is done for fun BESIDES hunting, fishing, skiing, and just... walking around? Like I'm asked to go out on a boat with my friends just because. And do what, exactly? Talk? We can do that in a house and on flat land (I cant swim though so that's my personal problem). Like I'm really curious as to what people really do here besides that stuff.

And for those whose first response is: Well if you hate it so much, why don't you move? In-state tuition. That's my reason for staying.
Minnesota is a pretty big state, try leaving St. Cloud.

Old 07-08-2016, 05:35 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,771,744 times
You are the first person I've ever heard of that does NOT like to go out on a boat...

Old 07-08-2016, 05:38 PM

48 posts, read 162,159 times
Spend some time enjoying the Munsinger and Clemens Gardens. The gardens are located on the east side of the river. The Clemens Gardens are formal, European style gardens where you can enjoy thousands of rose bushes and the 24-foot tall Renaissance Fountain. The Munsinger Gardens offer a less structured stroll beside a grove of pines, beside a lily pond, and among a variety of flowers and bushes. If you choose, you can continue your walk north into Riverside Park or south on Beaver Island Trail that follows the river.

Lake Maria State Park*is a short drive from St. Cloud and one of the few remnants of the Big Woods offering a wilderness experience close to the city. Whether you choose to spend some days camping in the park or exploring for the day, you will enjoy the lakeside picnic grounds, hiking trails, wildflowers and wildlife here.

Other attractions nearby include the Oliver H. Kelly Farm and the Sherburne National Wildlife Center. The Kelly farm is an authentic 1800's farm with costumed interpreters and is listed as a National Historic Landmark. The wildlife refuge, is a wonderful place for bird and wildlife spotting. Visit Saint Cloud Minnesota Tourist Attractions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota