Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2020, 10:11 AM

724 posts, read 502,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
Mainly due to the changing nature of prisons and lessor degree jails in the state. Mississippi's street organizations are tied to Chicago in the black community and that extends into the prison. This had major influence on the white criminal nature in the prison as some people have ties to Chicago as well. Some of the whites wanted to join the GDN but was refused due to a outdated concept so they got network with the Royals. Around the mid 80s, they started expand in the prison then into the streets. The Latin Kings formed in similar fashion later on since the whites couldn't join the VLN in prison. Royals took off faster due to the appeal & history of the org back in Chicago.
Royals have branches in the gulf coast cities, Hattiesburg, Jackson metro, Tupelo, & Southaven.

I would say that field of journalism is heavily covered except not in the mid south as much nor white street orgs here.

Interesting post !

FWIW did the whites you've mentioned who wanted to join the GDN have family ties to Chicago ?

I'm asking because to my knowledge Chicago never experienced a significant influx of white people from the Deep South ( unlike in the case of Appalachia ) which is why I'm curious as to whether my assumption is wrong or not/if said whites who wanted to join GDN in the Mississippi CDC belonged to a small rarely mentioned minority of white people from the Deep South who migrated to Chicago or not .

Also would you say that most Simon City Royals members in the Magnolia State live and/or operate in rural areas ? If so then would you say that that is because the rural criminal element in this country tends to be majority white due to the fact that rural white kids tend to be less well behaved than their ( say ) black counterparts ?

I really don't mean to stir up the racial pot with this post , but I have this theory that ( for various demographic/sociological reasons ) crime in much of the rural US is generally committed by young white males , and I'm planning on making a documentary exploring this subject at length which is why I'm posing this question .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2020, 07:28 PM

2,653 posts, read 2,093,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Fauquier View Post
FWIW did the whites you've mentioned who wanted to join the GDN have family ties to Chicago?

I'm asking because to my knowledge Chicago never experienced a significant influx of white people from the Deep South ( unlike in the case of Appalachia ) which is why I'm curious as to whether my assumption is wrong or not/if said whites who wanted to join GDN in the Mississippi CDC belonged to a small rarely mentioned minority of white people from the Deep South who migrated to Chicago or not.
A few probably did have chicago ties. It was a modest portion of mississippi whites that migrated to chicago.

Quote:
Also would you say that most Simon City Royals members in the Magnolia State live and/or operate in rural areas ? If so then would you say that that is because the rural criminal element in this country tends to be majority white due to the fact that rural white kids tend to be less well behaved than their ( say ) black counterparts ?

I really don't mean to stir up the racial pot with this post , but I have this theory that ( for various demographic/sociological reasons ) crime in much of the rural US is generally committed by young white males , and I'm planning on making a documentary exploring this subject at length which is why I'm posing this question .
Somwhat. Depends where your at in general. They operate in both urban & rural areas of the state. Rural america is predominantly white, around 77%, and kids varies based on their experiences/background.

Old 09-05-2020, 11:17 PM

25,559 posts, read 17,263,106 times
Quote:
.....I really don't mean to stir up the racial pot with this post , but I have this theory that ( for various demographic/sociological reasons ) crime in much of the rural US is generally committed by young white males , and I'm planning on making a documentary exploring this subject at length which is why I'm posing this question .
My own casual observation says you are right, but that's because rural areas are mostly populated by white people.

Old 09-05-2020, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
My own casual observation says you are right, but that's because rural areas are mostly populated by white people.

Yup the general demographic makeup of rural areas definitely plays a major role with respect to this issue , though IMHO there may be some cultural factors at play as well .

Thanks for your input though !

Old 09-06-2020, 09:18 AM

Maybe your thought process should drift over to the possibility that gang activity forms in indirect relationship to the amount of resistance that can be expected.
If forming a gang is likely to result in local law enforcement or the general population rising up in arms, then gangs will not form.

Old 09-08-2020, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Maybe your thought process should drift over to the possibility that gang activity forms in indirect relationship to the amount of resistance that can be expected.
If forming a gang is likely to result in local law enforcement or the general population rising up in arms, then gangs will not form.

Yup though in the case of MS , it seems that the Royals also operate in plenty of rural areas as well which makes this specific hypothesis rather murky in this particular scenario .

Old 09-08-2020, 09:15 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,983,748 times
Quote:

Legit LOL.

You need to do some research on per capita crime rates. You are trying to create a problem where one simply does not really exist.

Old 09-08-2020, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
Legit LOL.

You need to do some research on per capita crime rates. You are trying to create a problem where one simply does not really exist.
Can you imagine the type of push-back and outrage that a Black gang would meet with in rural MS/AL?
Horrifying to think about it.

Old 09-08-2020, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
Legit LOL.

May I ask what you mean by legit as well as how exactly am I creating a problem where none exists ?

Old 09-08-2020, 07:42 PM

2,653 posts, read 2,093,659 times
Quote:
There's cases in other places where that worked in reverse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi