Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 12:01 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,890,159 times

Advertisements

https://www.wlox.com/2021/04/22/buc-...-says-senator/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2021, 03:10 AM

451 posts, read 421,454 times
Yes Buc-ees. Another one on highway 10. Love it.

Keep em comin.

May even move there and get a job with them.

Old 04-26-2021, 03:42 PM

25,554 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ykcawtsrif View Post
No, but I've been accused of being too realistic. And, I've met a good number of Texans who feel similarly as I feel about Buc-ee's.
Hey, I remember back when Stuckey's advertised fine food! As Yakov Smirnoff, used to say, "I LOVE this country! You can say ANYTHING!"

Old 04-27-2021, 02:34 PM

396 posts, read 417,086 times
Quote:
No, but I've been accused of being too realistic. And, I've met a good number of Texans who feel similarly as I feel about Buc-ee's.
....and I know loads of Texans who do not feel the way you, or they, do. Every experience I've had there has been great.

But hey, nice try.

Old 04-27-2021, 06:23 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,890,159 times
Quote:
their employees often have surly, unfriendly, unhelpful attitudes (probably indicative of the toxic culture). Not to mention, even with the wide footprint, safely accessing a fuel pump could be a challenge, Texas drivers being what they often are.
I don't know about the rest of your statement, but I've stopped at different Buc-ees locations at least a dozen times and the employees have always been over the top friendly and helpful, similar to Chick-fil-a.

Old 04-27-2021, 07:32 PM

4,502 posts, read 4,607,884 times
Quote:
I"m sure you met a "good number" of Texans who don't like Buc-ee's but that "good number" is also a very small number in comparison to the number of Texans who do like Buc-ee's. In all honestly, I really don't know what's not to like about Buc-ee's. Except maybe the prices might be a little steep and they are usually pretty busy, but the prices are not out of line with other convenience store/gas stations along the interstate, and with 120 gas pumps, 1000 parking spaces, and lots of cash registers and lots of space, you never have to wait in a long line and you barely even notice the crowd. Plus it's a great place to stop and kill some time.

Old 04-28-2021, 03:31 PM

4,830 posts, read 3,259,357 times
Quote:
I lived in Texas for a while.

Buc-ee's might have an initial "Wow!" factor because of its enormous scale, but it's seriously overrated. Even though their employees are paid well for the industry, the company has a rather toxic work culture (certainly the case in Texas), and their employees often have surly, unfriendly, unhelpful attitudes (probably indicative of the toxic culture). Not to mention, even with the wide footprint, safely accessing a fuel pump could be a challenge, Texas drivers being what they often are.

Assuming they'll serve brisket in Mississippi, just avoid it. It's bland. I do recommend their beaver nuggets, though, if you're looking for good road trip food. Their fresh-cut potato chips are served up constantly, and also pretty good. Otherwise, they have a reputation for clean restrooms; just stop, do your business, then get back on the freeway.

Maybe the Buc-ee's locations springing up in these other Southern states like Mississippi, Georgia, Kentucky, etc. will be better, at least in terms of friendlier service and slightly less crowding...
I've been in the big Buc-ee's in New Braunfels, Denton, Temple, Gonzales and Katy probably a dozen times each... and baby Buc-ee's in Gonzales and Cypress. Never had a bad experience, never encountered a surly or unhappy looking employee.

Old 06-17-2021, 02:49 PM

268 posts, read 179,719 times
Texan here.

You all are going to LOVE Buc-ee"s!

Old 03-18-2024, 07:27 PM

1,859 posts, read 837,121 times
the vast amount of non walking people, the vast amount of non parking cars, the huge lines at the red light. On the third visit you will avoid the place by ten miles

Old 04-01-2024, 06:57 PM

1,859 posts, read 837,121 times
people been talking highly, oh yall going hate it, its going be the black hole for injecting oxygen and taking up present cornfiields.bucky is for people on the intersatate that lives hundred of miles away. it will suck you dry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi