Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2022, 05:53 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,766,785 times

Advertisements

I'm in the back of the car, enduring the long schlep between the southern end of Central Park, and the East End of Long Island. It's been a good time to watch the news - long-distance - with Dowager Soybean Empress and her Butler, who're in the Mississippi Delta. It's a nice break, between teleconferences.

So, I just got a restorative dose of screeches, hand-clapping, and cackles, from Soybean Empress and her faithful retainer, as WLBT broke the story about the Rankin County Tax Assessor. Well, first, Tax Dude got pulled-over for DWI. Then, young females were discovered in his fancy truck, but each refused to disclose her age. Then, at the po-po station, he blabbed about having multiple "&*^s" "going", simultaneously, in the hot tub at some club (while being assured that the popo would be as discreet as possible,about all of this). (All of this being "alleged", of course, even though I just saw the videos)

Two hours later, he's alleged to have raped a young female, using an apparent date-rape drug. Channel 3 says the story is "developing". A reporter at the station, seems to have been the first to connect the dots and link the stories. We're passing through "The Village", right now, and so I'll quickly link to the breaking news bits:
https://www.wlbt.com/2022/04/05/rank...erson-over-16/
https://www.wlbt.com/2022/07/14/3-yo...der-influence/

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 07-14-2022 at 06:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2022, 06:42 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,890,159 times
So this all happened back in March? It stayed under the radar for that long?

I thought for a DUI arrest one spends the night in jail?

I have many questions....

edit - looks like the rape charge was reported back in early April.

Last edited by viverlibre; 07-14-2022 at 07:01 PM..

Old 07-15-2022, 07:08 AM

1,716 posts, read 1,982,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post

It got reported a good bit.

Old 07-20-2022, 05:27 PM

Default Update: more details!

Quote:

Maybe Kingfish's most recent coverage will answer some of your questions: Jackson Jambalaya: Will Partying Turn into Prison for Tax Assessor?

In any event, I feel more empathy for Rankin County's poor taxpayers, than I do for any of the five young women who were in the truck with the guy.

The job of Tax Assessor, is one which requires a person who's honest and above reproach. And it requires one who's got his wits about him. I have a feeling that a lot of powerless people in Rankin County have been cheated, over the last fifteen years, while various cronies have paid less than their fair share. But that's just a hunch.

And is this guy MARRIED?

Old 10-25-2022, 03:03 PM

What a hottie! As several of the commenters mentioned (or attempted to, in their bumbling way), below the linked articles, he really needs to go with a lighter beard dye & hair dye. But I think they're entirely wrong about his "spray tan". That's sun-damaged skin, which can be sexy on gingerish men (until the collagen is gone, and the acne pockmarks - hidden since the end of puberty - begin to show, again, as seems to be currently happening to beautiful Brett Favre).

Isn't it amazing, what people can get away with, when they're beautiful? Then, when their beauty begins to fade, those beauties start to understand that they've been given the benefit of the doubt, for most of their lives. They begin to understand that actions have consequences. Previously, their hotness made them immune to consequences. As their beauty fades, fewer people are looking for excuses to pretend that they're smart, they're noble, they're "winners", they're "team players", they're "great guys", they're "fun to be around".

People who used to say nice things about those beauties, begin to express how they've really, secretly, felt about them, all-along: "He was a total ----ole, even in Junior High" "He's always been insecure" "He's always thought he was better than the rest of us" "He was a bully".

I'd imagine that the sort of doctors who once allowed themselves to become mesmerized into pretending to believe in the "Wealth Preservation Strategies" being offered by the astonishingly-studly Mr. Mardis, had begun to balk. They were increasingly disinclined to believe - or pretend to believe. Were they also becoming disinclined to buy his product?

This would have had to, if I'm assessing/guessing the situation correctly, create feelings of bitterness, in Mardis. This would, inevitably, have led to an ever-growing sense of desperation, as finances became increasingly strained. Additionally, there was the complication of his wife's nominal ownership of his business (assuming comments to that effect, below Kingfish's articles, were actually correct). Mardis would have felt trapped, and he would have actually been trapped. Add to that (I'm only theorizing, here: I could be wrong), grave insults, and serious interruptions to his Narcissistic Supply ("Narcissistic supply is a form of payment given by others in order to be in a relationship with a narcissist." A wonderful definition, from psychcentral: https://psychcentral.com/pro/recover...istic-supply#1), plus the Dysglycemia which becomes problematic, as most of us grow older, and you've got a dangerous combination.

And then, here comes the TRIGGERING MOMENT. Acutely-stinging insults, coupled with veiled threats of financial ruin, coming at a moment of inebriation - also a moment, right after a big meal, when (my personal guess, here) his insulin-resistant brain was starved for nourishment (the surgeons among my children, could explain the precise mechanisms better than can I: damaged neurons... synapses which fire only when in ketosis, which booze and a carbohydrate-laden meal would make worse... )..... This is only my theory, you understand, formed from information gleaned from Kingfish's articles, and the comments below them.

Old 04-03-2023, 12:21 PM

Jackson Jambalaya: Mardis Back in Jail.

What a dummy. I have no problem if his wife wants to reconcile, she is a grown woman and can make her decisions, but keep it at home. Why flaunt the judge's order in such a public venue?

Old 04-04-2023, 08:35 PM

Jackson Jambalaya: Revoked!. Bond hearing video, very interesting watch.

Old 04-08-2023, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Jackson Jambalaya: Revoked!. Bond hearing video, very interesting watch.
Goodness! Oh, my goodness! That court hearing could be the beginning of 'The Hills Have Bi's, II'. Quick! Somebody write a screenplay!

I just love 'The Hills Have Bi's' - not that I've actually seen the adult film, mind you. But how could anyone fail to love a movie starring 'Moist Towelette'? That's got to be the best screen name, ever. Since there is no movie poster for that film, my Ad Man made one. It's framed in his kitchen, along with one he made for 'The Crows Have Eyes' - also a spoof, from $chitt's Creek, of 'The Hills Have Eyes'. (He's also got a HUGE, real vintage poster for that Beverly Garland classic, 'Swamp Women' - something I totally covet, and intend to own, someday.)

But this time, instead of being set in Beverly Hills, the movie can be set in the hills of Rankin County, Mississippi. And, instead of wimpy, androgynous-looking male "stars", over-groomed to the point of looking like blowup dolls, they can cast manly musclebulls who look like the amazing Mr. Mardis. Wow... His neck looks thick in the mugshots. But the side views we get in those videos from Kingfish, reveal an absolutely herculean profile.

I mean, I'm beginning to understand how doctors could have fallen under his spell, and allowed him to manage their wealth for them. Now that Kingfish's videos from the hearing (and the comments below the article) suggest that the couple were members of "The Lifestyle Community" (hint, hint/wink, wink), it all becomes more plausible. (It's useful, at this point, to mention that within our own insular little community, we're resolutely Freudian. My conceptual model of the Human Psyche, includes the notion of Id/Ego/Superego)

Imagine yourself as a doc, up from humble beginnings. You were driven into narcissism at an early age, which is what drove you to become a doc, so that you could be "a winner!". Your narcissism skews and inhibits your capacity for self-analysis. So, your Id, your Ego, and your Superego, don't communicate with each other, very well. You've also had fantasies about swinging. Your narcissism precludes a healthy acknowledgement of your healthy, natural, absolutely normal bisexuality. After all, the religious dogma your narcissism forbids you to dissect or abandon, would preclude such acknowledgement. Being "a good boy" and "a winner", demands your being religious - and, more important - "normal", in accordance with whatever orthodoxy you consider to be the Current Reigning Orthodoxy (very important to narcissists). You think locally, and so that means the Current Reigning Orthodoxy of the Jackson Metro.

Along comes Todd Mardis. He's got those motivational money management interview videos, including lots of noble language/winner language/success language. Your Superego wants to jump on Todd Mardis' Success Bandwagon. Your Ego, meanwhile, is reminding you of what you've been hearing about Mardis' possible prominence within "The Lifestyle Community". Your Ego is telling you about all the beautiful women you'd have access to, as has been hinted, once your money is under management.

Operating on a level you can't access, your Id is going wild with your true motivation: wanting to see the beautiful Mr. Mardis (and musclebulls of similar stature within the upper echelons of 'The Lifestyle Community') in action. (I mean, let's face it: you're a doc. You can have all the beautiful women you want. "Swinging" would be superfluous, if access to beautiful women were your true motivation) That which cannot be acknowledged, has the ultimate power over the psyche. Your narcissism prevents your acknowledgement of your true motivation. Mardis' angelic face, that astounding jawline (HGH, anyone?), and those amazing blue eyes.... and that thick bull neck... remembered from his dynamic money success videos, are embedded in your brain. Your Id won't let-go...

I remember a moment from maybe '08. I was in our walled garden, with my heiress friend from Hong Kong (the 'Pillow Book' expert, and a doctor of Psychology), and an ultra-designer who had veto power over planned developments - BIG planned developments - multi-billion-Dollar build-outs. I'm remembering my Meyer Lemons, in pots, bees buzzing in their fragrant blooms, while fruits still clung to the branches. If any one life form can attest to the existence of a Supreme Deity who has a Heaven waiting for us, it's Meyer Lemons. The fountains were splashing, the sun was shining, and the Mockingbirds were trying chirp us back into the house. The Designer took a call from someone who was schmoozing him - wanting approval and input for a development which was not exactly on-par with a ritzy little town's larger agenda. The Developer was a blond hottie bodybuilder/insurance broker: a "straight, married guy with kids" - a Jackson Metro native, as is Mardis. The Developer was calling from a nude beach in the South Pacific. Hawaii? Bora Bora? At any given moment, there must be more Mississippians on Bora Bora, than there are natives. It must be awful. Or maybe it was that black sand beach in Hawaii...

"You wouldn't believe what I'm seein', right now!", the Developer was saying, while The Designer (someone who's dated famous bodybuilders on three coasts, and is thus hard to impress) was rolling his eyes.

"What's HE up to?", the Designer kvetched, once the call was over. "What does he think he can make me think he'll do for me, if I approve his cheesy little project? He's always hinting at one sort of bribe or another, like free booze, as if I were stupid enough to drink." In this case, the Developer's would-be 'Mark' was both incorruptible and ultra-capable of self-analysis. But you do see the commonalities between the development ploy and the money management ploy? The implicit promise of erotic thrills? (a promise which falls-apart under analysis, but one which imperils those incapable of honest self-analysis, and thus must be kept implicit)

(now, I'm having flashbacks to an interview with a victim of convicted retirement scammer, Gina Palasini - another Jackson Metro Native. https://www.wlbt.com/story/30059336/...-ponzi-scheme/ The fit-looking elderly man was recounting his meeting with Palasini, who was being so friendly, he'd been considering asking her out on a date. That implicit promise... Also notable is that Palasini made TV commercials, in which Pat Boone, an absolute master of manipulative noble language, urged retirees to trust Gina: https://www.clarionledger.com/videos...aid_subscriber)

And while I'm at it, let's not forget metro natives Linda Peach Harmon and Claiborne Frazier (another reputed swinger, by the way, and another ball-playin' hero), who seem to have used the same formula which proved a winning strategy for Mardis: https://www.city-data.com/forum/miss...ssissippi.html

But back to the family under discussion in your linked Kingfish article...

I did see 'The Hills Have Bi's', once: but just the box containing the movie, in the apartment of some breeder swingers I was evicting. My Star Tenant, a local elected official of some prominence, had demanded it: "Get them out, NOW!" They were subletting - without permission or contract - from a nutjob woman they knew from a halfway house or a twelve-step program or something. I inherited her when I bought the building. Her clandestine "Assigns", the swingers - once I entered the apartment - turned out to have trashed the place, within a matter of weeks. The kitchen was coated in grease. Landlords hate people who fry food. My Hate-o'-Meter was registering in the Danger Zone. And they'd managed to clog the mode with paper products. I've written about that, before, and nearly-dying, when the Clorox I poured into the commode reacted with the ammonia from their "waste", and the thing erupted like a white porcelain volcano (cleared the pipes, though...).

But that's White Trash for you. They lie. They manipulate. They destroy. They sound exactly like that wife giving testimony - right down to the vowel sounds. I learned two quick lessons, that day: don't mix Clorox with Raw Boo Boo, and don't try to sort-out the statements of lyin' White Trash. The wise words of that elected official, remain clear in my head: "Get... them... out... NOW!"

If I were that Judge, I'd want to just get the Mardis Clan out of my court, and let them sort-things-out among themselves. Why entangle public interests and public monies? Nobody's ever going to "get to the bottom of this, and discover the truth". With people like that, in my opinion, there is no bottom, and there is no truth. No one among that household, is going to emerge as The Good Guy. If there are victims, they are the hapless doctors who are the clients of their complex web of "companies". BOTH primary members of that household, are admittedly involved in that web of "companies".

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 04-08-2023 at 05:31 PM..

Old 04-09-2023, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post

If I were that Judge, I'd want to just get the Mardis Clan out of my court, and let them sort-things-out among themselves. Why entangle public interests and public monies? Nobody's ever going to "get to the bottom of this, and discover the truth". With people like that, in my opinion, there is no bottom, and there is no truth. No one among that household, is going to emerge as The Good Guy. If there are victims, they are the hapless doctors who are the clients of their complex web of "companies". BOTH primary members of that household, are admittedly involved in that web of "companies".

I have the same opinion. In spite of all the "he's going to kill her" comments, we must look at the totality of the situation. They have been married over 30 years and built successful businesses together. There have been no accusations that he has done this in the past. She is a successful 50+ year old woman, mother, wife and business professional. She is not a 21 year old girl getting abused by her boyfriend of two years. If she is good with it, then so am I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi