Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should this Trailer Park be shutdown ??
Yes, definately. 7 63.64%
No, not at all. 2 18.18%
I don't know. 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 03:13 PM

33 posts, read 155,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill O'Blarney
I completely understand and approve of this effort to both alert others of a problem in a particular area where people might be looking to live. (one of the purposes for which citi-data exists) - plus an attempt to shame the owners of the trailer park into dealing with a bad situation. It's nothing to do with "airing dirty laundry" whatsoever. Good Luck!!

Relevant? I think so. - The daughter chooses to represent the owners in this matter. That's her choice. Her emails to him are the property of the poster and give a clear understanding of the kind of problem that he is dealing with. The "Myspace" info isn't really and truly relevant - I agree about that - though I found it informative as to the type of people he has to deal with.

But overall what has been posted is relevant to anyone thinking of buying or living in that vicinity.

Illegal? If you mean criminal, that doesn't matter. - It's clearly a public nuisance at best - which can be determined to be illegal and banned through civil actions (lawsuits).

Lawsuits are expensive. I understand the desire to shame the owners into correcting the problem instead.

I know I wouldn't want to live next door to that kind of situation. And warning others and attempting to shame the owners to "clean up their act" is appropriate for this forum.

Thank you for understanding, I appreciate it...

Old 09-24-2009, 01:13 PM

It appears some progress is being made by the town,

I snapped a photo of this sign earlier today:
Attached Thumbnails
How to shutdown a trailer park ??-hickory-flat-no-littering-no-loud  

Old 09-26-2009, 07:40 AM

More evidence, when the guy in the boom car drives up the phrases

"thoroughbred" "fifty-one" "got it going on" can always be heard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXKebsVpeyY

Old 09-26-2009, 08:26 AM
NWS

720 posts, read 1,645,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyGowdy View Post
More evidence, when the guy in the boom car drives up the phrases

"thoroughbred" "fifty-one" "got it going on" can always be heard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXKebsVpeyY
Thoroughbred = drug dealer who sells pure narcotics

Fifty-one = crack

Got it going on = fast sale of drugs

Shame that this crap moved next door to you Joey.
I wish I could think of something legal that might help.
Open a free donut stand to any and all law enforcement personal?
I've seen it before that people like you end up becoming the villain and the target.
Sometime law enforcement will get sick of you and tell the bad guys that they are here because Joey keeps calling.
The landlord may tell them Joey keeps calling the cops. If Joey doesn't stop I have to evict you.
I've seen people get their houses shot up by drug dealers because they were viewed as trouble makers and causing "a loss of business".
Be careful out there. I know you and your family have lived there for decades.
I just wonder if it's worth it. Sometimes the bad guys win.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:19 AM

2,638 posts, read 6,018,106 times
I see no illegal activity. I see annoyances. Obviously annoyances are grounds to call the police and have it enforced...shut down? Highly unlikely.

Old 09-26-2009, 03:00 PM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,151,892 times
My God.. that's quite an assortment of human debris at that trailer park.
Unproductive oxygen thieves, and I'm going to guess more than a few illegitimate kids around. Just lovely.
Nothing good will come out of this park's existence.

Old 09-26-2009, 03:30 PM

783 posts, read 2,257,038 times
I don't hear anything except the noise around the camera and some music in the background. Maybe it's in another video?

Like I said: posting stuff here that shows no illegal activity ain't gonna do anything. Posting stuff here that shows ILLEGAL activity ain't gonna do anything. If someone there is dealing drugs then good luck with that - even if the dealer gets locked away then someone else will step into the gap and you're right back where you started.

You don't have any neighbors? You should be talking with them, not us. You need to be thinking about letting go - move on and live somewhere else. Make sure your neighbors know about all this and let them think about what happens when you move on and maybe the next owner expands the trailer park? This is where slums come from.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:41 PM

6 posts, read 13,657 times
I don't understand why you keep saying he shouldn't be posting this here?? Maybe he just needs to vent? Maybe he thought someone would read it that could give him some suggestions.

Not sure about the Mississippi laws. But I had always heard in California that people could make noise until 10 p.m. I had neighbors who apparently had a band and every single Saturday and Sunday they would turn on their amp and practice from 10 a.m. to about 4 p.m. I went with it for about a month and finally called the police to see if there was anything that could be done.

They told me nuisance noise like that that would prohibit a person from enjoying their own home was illegal and came out and told them to turn off the amp. I had no problem with the noise of the band (well I did...but would never have complained) but their amp would make my house shake...literally. They tried a few more times and I called the police each time. They must have found a new place to practice...phewww.

At any rate...wish I could suggest something to help you out. I would think the fighting was illegal if nothing else. Its easy to sit back and say what's the big deal when you and your children don't live next to this...not so easy to deal with it every day. And I for one would want to know this was going on if I was considering buying something in your area. Problem is though...it seems to be going on more and more where there are people living closer together.

Old 09-28-2009, 01:26 PM

783 posts, read 2,257,038 times
Well, all I said he "shouldn't" be posting was the he said/she said personal email stuff. What I said about the rest was it wouldn't accomplish anything - especially if the videos dont show anything illegal. If the goal is to collect evidence then some effort needs to be put into better sound colleciton, because all I hear in those things (and I have pretty good ears) is ambient noise from inside his own home plus a bit of "bumping." If they are talking about drug deals then that needs to be on tape, not just more "he said" stuff.

It would totally suck to be near that, and I understand the frustration. But you can't "shut down a trailer park" because the landlord lets in some bad folks - that would make every landlord accountable for the actions of their tenants, and none of us want to live in a world like that. If there's bad folks living there then route them out - do what you gotta do to get them busted, force them to leave, make them want to leave, whatever - just be mindful you don't become worse than them in the process.

This sort of politics is local; venting to someone 1000 or even a hundred miles away isn't going to do much to solve the problem. Yeah we can talk about it... but that don't solve the problem.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:35 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,239,725 times
Have a sign made up and place it in the ground at the entrance to the trailer park.

DOUCHEBAG ESTATES

I would move. It sounds to me like your neighborhood has gone to Hades.

Quote:
that would make every landlord accountable for the actions of their tenants,
They already are. There have been instances in the USA where the local govs have taken property for similar reasons... or shut down a business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi