Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2007, 07:39 PM

1 posts, read 3,063 times

Advertisements

HI I'm looking for advice and insight about where to live when working in forest miss. I would be relocating from Cincinnati, OH. I don't mind commuting up to 45 minutes. I've heard mixed opinions about Ms, I have lived in central Fl prior to OH for 15 years, which to some may seem small town.

Please don't take offense to the following question, I just would like a candid answer. I am asian american in a mixed marriage to a white southern guy. When in Fl I never experience any racism but living in Cincinnati area I have especially in been in Kentucky, nothing too dramatic just cold shoulders and the "look" will I run into anything like this in forest or the surrounding areas?

From what I've seen about the state of Ms it looks great and the jackson area seems to be poised well for weekend trips to the coast or lousiana, or treking back to fl to visit family.

thank you for any input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 10:44 PM

6 posts, read 24,782 times
Forest is really small but they do have a super-walmart! For your knowledge, there is a large number of Mexican workers for the chicken plants so spanish is very commonly used. If you are single or like activities and things to do (you're not a homebody), then I would say live in Pearl (suburb to the east of Jackson and west of Forest) or go to the east of Forest and live in Meridian. I wouldn't think that your marriage or heritage would be an issue to the vast majority of people (i'm sure you'll have ONE stupid person who says something or looks a certain way). Again Meridian and Jackson would both be less likely to have problems with your heritage and/or marriage, however due to the diversity in Forest people are usually accepting of people of all race/marriages. If you're worried about MS, visit the Mississippi Believe It (google it) Campaign website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi