Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2014, 07:31 PM

6 posts, read 15,206 times

Advertisements

hello,

I have been living in Alaska for almost 18 years now and am considering a move to Missoula. Any RNs on here that could answer some questions? I am an experienced RN, not a new grad.

I would like to know what the patient ratio is for nurses working at Providence. Also, what is the other hospital like? How are job prospects in general for RNs in that area?

Also would like to know what areas, if any, to avoid renting in.

Thank you, Nicole
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 08:49 AM

281 posts, read 870,164 times
Here is my opinion... it may not be popular but I'm going to tell you the truth.

If I were you, I would STAY in Alaska, or, don't go to Missoula... at the least. It's not as nice as it was many years ago.

I was born in Anchorage and grew up in Nome.. lived in Seattle, the midwest, the west coast until many years ago we settled in Montana.

We started off in the Bitterroot valley.... beautiful place. Lolo, Florence, Stevensville, on down to Hamilton..... nice area... nice people. Low paying jobs.... but a nice area. I lived in Lolo for 6 years, we commuted to Missoula for work.

I had been to Missoula many years ago as I already have family in Florence. Missoula used to be a different place... more quiet, less traffic, nicer people..... people who cared about family values. Sorry... said I was going to give my opinion. When we moved up the first thing I noticed about Missoula was the incredible amount of traffic.... it was too much for less roadways. Too many people.... and too many wannabe hippies trying to make Higgins and downtown like Berkeley. I've been to Berkeley as I lived outside of it... and Missoula will never be like it but the people try to make it "quaint and keep it weird". I took my family to Scottys table one summer night around 7pm and a girl on a corner with her buddies lifted up her top to my 10 year old and exposed herself while the rest laughed about it. I don't care for the run down buildings, bars, and the people there... unless you are a student, of a profession... or have connections, you are going to find it difficult to survive there. Jobs are low paying, rents are high.
I felt like Missoula had become dirty.... a lot of trash on the roads, dirt, and the parking lots were left with cracked areas and unkempt unsightly looking areas of trash build up. I was shocked to see it so changed.

We moved away because I wanted to get away from that..... and go into the Flathead valley.

That's just my opinion. I'd rather stay in Alaska if I were you, then go to Missoula. If you like Montana, check out the Bitterroot and keep out of Missoula or go further north into Kalispell or Whitefish.... Great Falls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula