Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 10:26 AM

27 posts, read 143,579 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone....I've arrived in the great state of Missouri, the city of Joplin. It's great. I'm so glad I made this move. It's terrific here. The drive from Washington state was a real adventure. Boy was it hot.....But we had a great time, met alot of wonderful people and survived the heat rushes. I've been here 36 days, and it's been awesome. I've already got a job and I'm so excited to be starting anew. I'm going to drive into Springfield today just for fun. Gonna explore the city.
Everyone I've met here is so nice and helpful.
Have a Great Day...Wionee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2007, 12:47 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,494,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wionee View Post
Hi everyone....I've arrived in the great state of Missouri, the city of Joplin. It's great. I'm so glad I made this move. It's terrific here. The drive from Washington state was a real adventure. Boy was it hot.....But we had a great time, met alot of wonderful people and survived the heat rushes. I've been here 36 days, and it's been awesome. I've already got a job and I'm so excited to be starting anew. I'm going to drive into Springfield today just for fun. Gonna explore the city.
Everyone I've met here is so nice and helpful.
Have a Great Day...Wionee
It time to get out and see the sites. Go do some fishing and have fun

Old 08-04-2007, 10:21 PM

58 posts, read 180,404 times
Wionee I've been watching for you! Tell us more..the common things..what it is you like or don't. I'm planning a move next year (retirement). Yeah!!! I'm from NW Mo. & heading back, just not sure exactly where yet. Thanks for checking in.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:33 AM

791 posts, read 1,819,596 times
Talking Welcome to Missouri!!!

Wionee,

Welcome to Missourah. It's nice to hear how excited you are about your new home, and how well things are going for you. Hubby & I have been here since June 8th, from CA, and haven't regretted our move one bit!!! Also glad to hear you made the trip ok. We met alot of nice people along the way too, which only validated that it was the right thing to do. Hopefully you felt the same way too.

As you've probably seen, it's gonna take several visits to Springfield to see it all. It's got everything one could need. One MUST SEE place I have to recommend is the Bass Pro Shop....that place is incredible!!!

Like Carlym says, Please post more about what it is you like so much about MO. Being a newbie myself, it's always nice to hear of other newbie experiences.

Just know this...the longer you're here....the more yer gonna love it. Congrats on the new job too.

Wishing you Happiness & Prosperity Always,
Boof

Old 08-05-2007, 10:17 AM

137 posts, read 610,100 times
Welcome Wionee Glad to have ya here in the great state of Mo! Course I ain't really in Mo I'm jus waitin to go back there. The cool thing is that you are here an got puter access! that is what we lack back "home " in Mo. Good on ya!

What with all the peeps movin to Mo the rest of the country will be kinda deserted! The secrets out

Old 08-05-2007, 11:51 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,055,024 times
wionee - another warm welcome to Missouree...

When ya get some time, maybe through a post up w/ pic of your digs and/or some ramblings about your trip, and setting into your new place - that would be cool.

Old 08-05-2007, 12:16 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,570,117 times
Default Shhhhh. Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy4570 View Post
Welcome Wionee Glad to have ya here in the great state of Mo! Course I ain't really in Mo I'm jus waitin to go back there. The cool thing is that you are here an got puter access! that is what we lack back "home " in Mo. Good on ya!

What with all the peeps movin to Mo the rest of the country will be kinda deserted! The secrets out
Hey thar, Indy...don't be tellin too many about what we have here. Let's keep a little of it to ourselves At least for awhile. Really tho', great place and what helps make it this way, is all of you fine folk coming here to enjoy what we have had the pleasure of for so long.

Sometimes ya take for granted what is here and reading all of the posts from y'all that have chosen to make Missouri your HOME, makes a person sit back and realize, it's not so bad. When the times come that ya feel like moving somewhere else. Not that I ever would...

Again, a great big WELCOME to all of you with open arms and thoughts. Enjoy and keep us posted.

Old 08-05-2007, 12:55 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,632,726 times
I wuz wonderin' when you were gonna post up that you have arrived! Terrific to hear how wonderful life in MO is treatin' ya so far. There are a few pic threads running around here in the MO forum so like Caver says...post up those snapshots!

Old 08-09-2007, 07:29 AM

2,896 posts, read 6,632,726 times
Default I think she posted this in the wrong thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wionee View Post
The trip down was a real adventure. The truck broke down somewhere in Wyoming it was 98 degrees. Good thing my son was driving his car, he drove into some small town and bought another battery. Got into Sheridan and found out that my alternator was bad. Spent two days getting it replaced.
I'm so busy trying to get things done on my new place. Arrived here and the sink had a big bucket of water underneath, and the floor under the sink was rotted. Replaced that, and then replaced the bathroom floor. Had the shower and tub refinished, looks wonderful now. Anyway when you buy something, nothings perfect. Spent a couple of weekends going to garage sales and used stores. Got some nice things for the house. Put in my application for this job, and was real surprised and delighted that I got hired. So my home improvements are weekend projects now. Drove into Springfield last weekend. I thought it was closer, I used almost a half-tank of gas. I've got one of those big trucks. So I guess I won't be doing that to often. Besides Joplin has everything anyone could need or want. I really like this town. I'm just going to have to get out and make some new friends. Find some activities other than work and fixing up the house. I will say however that I'll be glad when it starts to cool down. This heat keeps a person in doors, and I'd like to be outside a bit more. Thank you all for you sweet Welcomes...
Wionee
wionee, I saw this post in what must have been the wrong thread. I'm pretty sure you wanted it to go here right???

Old 08-09-2007, 07:53 AM

17 posts, read 33,549 times
wionee................. how exciting. glad to here that you made it here safe. we have been here since the end of june and i never want to leave. enjoy.
God bless,
Kim and Jim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri