Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: BEST WAY TO BE RID OF ARMADILLA'S
WHAT DO ARMADILLA'S HATE, PLANTS, ANIMALS, CHEMICALS, ETC. 0 0%
IS IT LEGAL, TO KILL THEM 3 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 10:57 AM

2 posts, read 13,411 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know how to make them move on? Or how to kill them without shooting them? Or how to trap them to relocate them? Please HELP!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2007, 11:08 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,339,338 times
I dont know if this will work or not but it might be an answer... we have skunks and racoons get under outs ..and the darn skunks always manage to spray in the middle of the night!

so a older lady told me to take ice cream buckets and put moth balls in them cut slits in them and sit under our house ..the animals do not like the smell of the moth balls and it will keep the cats from eating them etc...

no skunks .....but we just had a baby raccoon come out from under our house last week! Maybe I need new moth balls - its been over a year.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:38 PM

1,238 posts, read 4,469,458 times
Contact the Missouri Dept of Conservation for help. One way I heard about was to look for their "run"-a path in the grass or dirt which they use frequently. Then use boards to create a funnel leading to a live trap. It is hard to bait a trap for them since they eat grubs and worms, but you could try with some from a bait shop. Or use my Mom's dog-she is fond of waking everyone up at 3:00 am by barking and swinging armadillos around by the tail.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:32 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,055,024 times
Here is a link for the MO Conservation Dept.:
Missouri Department of Conservation Offices

Some ideas & background:
Armadillo, Dasypus novemcinctus damage control information
Controlling Armadillos - Control, Prevention, Trapping, and Removal
Missouri Environment and Garden (broken link)

Good luck

Old 06-04-2007, 04:49 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,549,887 times
I didn't realize you have armadilla's in Missouri. It sounds like they are a pest but are they cute! I don't think I ever seen one. I guess I see one soon when I move there in August. They have got to be cuter than possum. When I grow my garden in Missouri. I probably should have a fence up or that won't help.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:16 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,339,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kareybear View Post
I didn't realize you have armadilla's in Missouri. It sounds like they are a pest but are they cute! I don't think I ever seen one. I guess I see one soon when I move there in August. They have got to be cuter than possum. When I grow my garden in Missouri. I probably should have a fence up or that won't help.

I never seen one alive except at the zoo! They are always road kill.

When I was a teen I took moms car and drove it around the yard chasing down opossums - What a grounding I got over that! lol

Old 06-04-2007, 07:23 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,055,024 times
lol,,, was early '90's during a caving trip in the western south MO Ozarks that buddies and I first literally stumbled across one - it was dead. Yet, it still sparked an interesting discussion later that night around the campfire. Now, when visiting near the Edgar Springs area [south of Rolla], they are quite numerous. Here is a photo of one saw on tramples through the woods there during first part of January this year.
Attached Thumbnails
Help/ Armadilla's are tearing up my house, underneath.-100_5712b.jpg  

Old 06-04-2007, 10:13 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Post Armadillos

The armadillos natural range is increasing further to the north because the winters continue to get much warmer than what they used to be. Climate zones are also shifting farther to the north and allowing the pests to survive the quite mild winters that Missouri experiences.

Old 06-04-2007, 12:56 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,549,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
lol,,, was early '90's during a caving trip in the western south MO Ozarks that buddies and I first literally stumbled across one - it was dead. Yet, it still sparked an interesting discussion later that night around the campfire. Now, when visiting near the Edgar Springs area [south of Rolla], they are quite numerous. Here is a photo of one saw on tramples through the woods there during first part of January this year.
Thanks for the picture. Looking at them not that cute! Interesting but not cute. I have to say they are cuter than a possum but not cuter than a Porky Pine...LOL hheeee

Old 06-04-2007, 06:12 PM

1,291 posts, read 2,894,204 times
+1 for mothballs...they works for snakes and other critters also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
View detailed profiles of: