Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2013, 10:24 PM

176 posts, read 192,450 times

Advertisements

I have a very good queen size bed set and a couch. I will have to move to east coast for a new job. I hate to part with it. I paid lot of money for that. Its nearly 1.5 years old now. Since its all expensive stuff i hate to just donate it either. Shipping is turning out to be even more expensive. It comes out nearly equal to 1800$ on an average. I have to move my stuff really fast in 3-4 days and time in running out.

If I need to ship it in a cost effective manner in such a short period of time whats the best way to do it?

If I need to sell it that quickly, whats the best way to do it. I have had little luck on craigslist.

If I have to donate it as a last option whats the best way to get rid of it that way.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 05:28 PM

978 posts, read 2,054,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJacket View Post
I have a very good queen size bed set and a couch. I will have to move to east coast for a new job. I hate to part with it. I paid lot of money for that. Its nearly 1.5 years old now. Since its all expensive stuff i hate to just donate it either. Shipping is turning out to be even more expensive. It comes out nearly equal to 1800$ on an average. I have to move my stuff really fast in 3-4 days and time in running out.

If I need to ship it in a cost effective manner in such a short period of time whats the best way to do it?

If I need to sell it that quickly, whats the best way to do it. I have had little luck on craigslist.

If I have to donate it as a last option whats the best way to get rid of it that way.

Thanks in advance.
For shipping, you can use UPS ground, Fedex ground. You may also consider a Relocube. They are smaller than PODS, but also cost a LOT less. A few years back, PODS quoted me at around $1000 for a 400 mile move. Relocube was about half that price. Sell what you can rebuy (cheap furniture, mattresses, etc), only keep sentimental things.

Lastly, have you considered a Penske moving truck? It was the cheapest option for my move and allowed me to transport the most stuff.

Craigslist can be a hit or miss. You really have to price things at yardsale prices for them to move quickly. You won't be able to get top dollar. You'll probably be lucky to get $100 for the sofa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri