Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 07:04 PM

16 posts, read 76,667 times

Advertisements

Camdenton. You are totally wrong. Not only does Missouri regulate lagoons but they have strict guide lines. I am a licensed installer. If you have a sewer issue, turn the problem in to the appropriate agency for your county and watch the fireworks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 06:35 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,380,933 times
Default Hello...

Lagoons are gross.

Septic systems, however, are perfectly fine systems to deal with a natural by-product of human habitation. You want to wiggle around and say that's gross, go visit the sewer plant in any city.

And "perc" stand for "percolate"...how liquids sift through the ground.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:54 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,055,966 times
For basic yet detailed info, might gander at: WQ402 Residential Sewage Lagoon Systems: A Homeowner's Guide to Installation and Maintenance, MU Extension

FWIW, in the houses I owned in MO, both had lagoons - and to note, not once did any gov't agency monitor/regulate/inspect these sewer ponds, or any other homeowners that I'm aware of [of course, such teeth depend upon the county/area ya live]. The three homes I've had since then have all been septic. Properly constructed and maintained, both systems work great. And in the lagoons, crappie season is open all year round.

Last edited by ShadowCaver; 12-05-2007 at 06:56 PM.. Reason: LJ - ready to go fishing???

Old 12-05-2007, 07:07 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,306 posts, read 8,652,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
And in the lagoons, crappie season is open all year round.
Shadow you ever hook into any BonelessBrowns???

Old 12-05-2007, 07:14 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,055,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Shadow you ever hook into any BonelessBrowns???
Can't say I have... interesting,,, what kind of bait would you use?

Old 12-06-2007, 02:08 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,571,328 times
IMHO nothing wrong with lagoons. My husband installed them for many years here in central Missouri. Never any problems if this is done properly. I assisted him on many a job years ago and know first hand the work that goes into them. Actually, at the Lake Development that we built we have a lagoon. It 'works' perfectly! It is located on the north side of our dam and never an odor or problem.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:20 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,306 posts, read 8,652,830 times
[quote=ShadowCaver;2178702]Can't say I have... interesting,,, what kind of bait would you use? [/QUOTE

Hmmm, not sure, maybee corn would work....

Old 12-06-2007, 08:56 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,380,933 times
Default :]

Sorry, NWV...I guess I'm just ignernt. The only lagoon I've known was next door when we first moved to the MO country...and it did smell...but I must say...I don't really understand, I just like my...ahem...er...stuff...underground.

Last edited by Lake Junkie; 12-06-2007 at 08:58 PM.. Reason: Shadow you are laugh out loud funny.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:27 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,571,328 times
Oh, I agree, LJ. If I had MY druthers, septic systems, etc. But in some of the more rural areas around here, a small lagoon for a single family home/farm is really not a bad thing. Most of them have fences around them and they are put in 'sunny' areas of the property owner's acreage. I do know what you mean.

Old 12-08-2007, 11:18 AM

37 posts, read 134,413 times
Wink Just saw new replies to my April post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummibeader View Post
Hi there,

This test is done by digging a post hole 3 ft deep and fill it with water and leave it over nite. Go back the next day and fill it with water and check it periodically to see how fast it drains.

This tells you whether or not your land will drain properly. To tell you if the waste will drain or just lay on top of the ground, this done to determine where the best place on the land to put the septic system.

My husband used to do these tests when he worked for a civil engineering firm 20 years ago. Where is your land located??? Mine is north of Stover.

Lummibeader
Thanks very much! Our land is in Mountain Grove. Not far from "town" actually, and a an area with several other nice homes. We have three acres heavily wooded. Went back last summer and cleared a swath but haven't done anything else since. Have plans with architect now. Retirement April 2008!!! I appreciate the replies on the question I posted in April. It still has been on my mind. Thus far, none of the neighbors there have had any problems and/or difficulties with the septics. We have had septics here in our area in the Sierras foothills forever. The soil here is very sandy, decomposed granite, not much of what I think of as soil. Again, thanks you all! I will try to remember to check in more often...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri