Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 05:24 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,421,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Trolling is an interesting thing from a psychological perspective. It's very likely someone who can't get noticed and feels underpowered/insignificant in real life, so it becomes quite acceptable to take actions on internet forums that elicit only scorn because they finally have a realm where others will react to their contributions.

Feel pity, it's an interesting sad little case study we have going here.

i will go along with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 10:02 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,266,619 times
Btw, I just saw a re-air of the first Serra/Lytle fight, and I think Lytle was robbed. No disrespect to Matt Serra, but I think Lytle was robbed.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:07 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,876,038 times
I actually think Cro Cop will win this one. My strong dislike for Mir has little to do with it.

Why?

Well, Cro Cop is still a dangerous striker and Frank Mir seems to think he is an elite striker since he KO'd Big Nog. That is why he got destroyed by Carwin. If he had stuck with his BJJ he could have won that fight. Also, Frank Mir is very arrogant. He has stated that he isn't training hard for this fight and that he will "submit [Cro Cop] in the first". Well, considering that Cro Cop has only been submitted once (by Nogeria) and it was early in his MMA career and that he does have very good defensive wrestling, I think it is easier said than done. I think the mixture of Mir's hubris and Cro Cop's desire to remain relevant will lead to Cro Cop winning the match. I think that it will most likely be a decision victory, but I am hoping for a left switch kick that will remove a hundred words from Mir's vocabulary.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:34 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,266,619 times
if i had to put money on this, i would still go with Mir, but your logic is sound.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:57 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,115,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
if i had to put money on this, i would still go with Mir, but your logic is sound.
i got mir in this one also. crocop hasnt beaten anyone relevant in years and is nothing but a name. mir might SAY he isnt training hard but then mir has always been big on misinformation. he has been known to release false injury reports and "im not training" reports repeatedly.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:15 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,876,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i got mir in this one also. crocop hasnt beaten anyone relevant in years and is nothing but a name. mir might SAY he isnt training hard but then mir has always been big on misinformation. he has been known to release false injury reports and "im not training" reports repeatedly.
Yeah, after he loses.

Also, he took his kids to Disneyland instead of training. He put it on his Twitter account. No joke.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:50 AM

before his fight with big nog he released about 4 reports of injury saying he would not make the fight, then they where falsified so he released a different one. it is his MO and he has been doing it since before the tim sylvia fight.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:17 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,601,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Yeah, after he loses
you talking about big nog or mir? kinda hard to make up being is a motorcycle accident

Old 09-21-2010, 08:32 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,214,330 times
I couldn't care less about the main event, but the Bader/Nog fight is very intriguing because winner will likely be only a couple fights from a possible title shot, maybe get the loser of Rampage/Machida since Griffin is supposedly fighting Ace later this year. Maybe they'll throw Bones Jones into the mix somehow too, I dunno.

How long is Rua out again? Maybe they'll make an interim title fight with Evans vs. winner of Rampage/Machida, then maybe winner of Bader/Nog versus Bones Jones?

Old 09-21-2010, 09:36 PM

i hear shogun is out till march or maybe longer.

i also hear bader expects to KO little nog and he wants jones next.

after little nogs last fight i say bader wins and i think bader is the guy to derail jon jones slightly also. although bader/jones is tough to call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)