Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 12:11 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,203,753 times

Advertisements

PPV
Maurício Rua vs. Dan Henderson
Wanderlei Silva vs. Cung Le
Urijah Faber vs. Brian Bowles
Martin Kampmann vs. Rick Story
Stephan Bonnar vs. Kyle Kingsbury

TV Prelim

Ryan Bader vs. Jason Brilz
Tom Lawlor vs. Chris Weidman

I like the Rua/Hendo main event but to be honest I'm looking forward to Kampmann/Story most. Well, aside from seeing what Lawlor does at the weigh-ins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2011, 01:23 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,097,235 times
PPV
Maurício Rua vs. Dan Henderson (cant pick this one, i have a feeling hendo wins but is shogun is motivated like he was with forest, he is deadly)
Wanderlei Silva vs. Cung Le (time for wand to retire)
Urijah Faber vs. Brian Bowles (having 2 chins side by side cant be good but he is still a tough dude)
Martin Kampmann vs. Rick Story (i think its the story ends here, ok sorry)
Stephan Bonnar vs. Kyle Kingsbury (because every time i pick against him he wins)

TV Prelim
Ryan Bader vs. Jason Brilz (would rather see brilz win but i think bader pulls a takedown derby on him)
Tom Lawlor vs. Chris Weidman (just bleed man)

Old 11-17-2011, 05:39 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,848,567 times
The Miguel Torres fight isn't going to be televised? My how he has fallen... he used to seem unbeatable.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASam View Post
The Miguel Torres fight isn't going to be televised? My how he has fallen... he used to seem unbeatable.
yeah, i remember when he was top 3-5 pound for pound. dude was a monster. i still love watching him fight.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:21 AM

It is weird how fast people fall into lower tiered view slots.

Earlier in our current same calendar year Ryan Bader was fighting Jones as the two unbeaten light heavyweight rising stars, now Bader is on free prelims watching Stephan Bonnar in a PPV slot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i still love watching him fight.
Agree 100%, he's one of the handful that never has a dull fight.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:28 AM

bader is only on that spot because he was the next big thing off TUF. he and CB dollaway just cant seem to go away (CB needs to go 1st though)

Old 11-18-2011, 07:26 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,333,540 times
I'm actually excited about this card. Plan to go up to the UFC bar to watch it tomorrow night.

Hendo v Shogun is a hard fight to call. Hendo can wrestle and he still has pop in that overhand right. But he's fighting at Shogun's ideal weight, and when Shogun's not injured, he's usually pretty tough to defeat. He lost to Bones Jones, but he lost to a superior athlete. In this fight, I think Shogun's the superior athlete. I find it hard to believe that he beats Hendo by KO, but if he can be more aggressive than Hendo, he can win a decision. And that's how I see this, a unanimous or split decision for Rua.

Cung Le vs. Wanderlei. Well, gotta go with Le. Mainly because of the vicious beatings that the Axe Murderer has sustained in his last few years of fighting. Le's getting older himself and I think he has handpicked his opponents, but I think he's got enough weapons to bang with Wandy.

I like the other fights on this card too. It'll be a good card.

Re: Torres? Is he on Facebook fights now? Man, I remember watching that dude on Versus. I remember back in winter of 2008/2009, I must have done nothing but sit around, drink beer, and watch night after night of UFC unleashed and WEC on Versus. That's when I got to see Miguel Torres and how dominant he was.

Old 11-19-2011, 09:21 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,922,638 times
Maurício Rua vs. Dan Henderson = I am rooting for Rua
Wanderlei Silva vs. Cung Le = Silva needs to retire.
Urijah Faber vs. Brian Bowles = I am going for Faber
Stephan Bonnar vs. Kyle Kingsbury = The American Psycho

TV Prelim
Ryan Bader vs. Jason Brilz

Old 11-20-2011, 06:02 AM

573 posts, read 2,059,676 times
Who the hell is Cung Le? I never heard of this guy only until a few months ago when I saw posts of people saying he is a great fighter in the same level as Anderson Silva. LOL. This guy is overrated. He is nothing. He won't make it in the UFC. He should stick to the movies like Bruce Lee.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:51 AM

To be fair Bader did beat Little Nog to earn the Jones fight, it isn't like he won that show then thrown right into a contender shot.

How about Kampman? Love watching that guy fight.

I liked the main event but don't understand the "greatest fight ever" thing that gets thrown about when two fighters are gassed but keep fighting, just like the original Griffin/Bonnar. What was so great about Hendo barely able to lift his arms?

Also = Shogun needs some new trunks man, the way those things cinched it looked like he had on tighty whities like I wore in 4th grade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)