Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 04:17 AM

573 posts, read 2,058,889 times

Advertisements

I heard he is going to fight Frankie Edgar again around August. Is this Dana White's attempt to keep BJ Penn as champion? He should start from the beginning, fight at least 3 more guys before getting a rematch. They only reason why Machida and Shogun got a rematch so fast is because it was a controversial decision but not the Frankie Edgar/BJ Penn fight, the decision could of went to any of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 05:49 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,307,942 times
Maybe its clause in a contract...I don't know. I honestly think your probably right because Penn is a fan favorite. Right now, MMA is a good product and has boxing on the ropes. So, Dana has to be careful on what he touches and needs to stop meddling with the tempo. For example, he was critical of one guy for messing around and now he grants this match. Dana should let it flow naturally and stop controlling things.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:28 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
They only reason why Machida and Shogun got a rematch so fast is because it was a controversial decision but not the Frankie Edgar/BJ Penn fight, the decision could of went to any of them.
dude your an idiot!

Old 04-18-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
dude your an idiot!
if Shogun won then there wouldn't be a rematch so what are you talking about?

Old 04-18-2010, 10:13 AM

if shogun won, machida would ABSOLUTELY get the rematch immediate. if BJ is danas boy whom he wants in as the champ then machida is his wife and she should never lose favor. dana LOVES machida MUCH more then bj. as a mater of fact dana doesnt really like bj all that much.

both of those fights could have gone either way, but the judges did what they did.

why are you not complaining about shoguns immediate rematch? he lost a fight in a division with much more in contention, that could have gone either way. bj lost a fight in a VERY weak weight class that could have gone either way.

stop coming here trying to make things into something they are not. hey i heard a rumor, tyson is gonna come back to fight george foreman in 6 months. that is about how ridiculous you sound trying ot put mma down.

this is hte last post i will make to your trolling ass.

Old 04-18-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
if shogun won, machida would ABSOLUTELY get the rematch immediate. if BJ is danas boy whom he wants in as the champ then machida is his wife and she should never lose favor. dana LOVES machida MUCH more then bj. as a mater of fact dana doesnt really like bj all that much.

both of those fights could have gone either way, but the judges did what they did.

why are you not complaining about shoguns immediate rematch? he lost a fight in a division with much more in contention, that could have gone either way. bj lost a fight in a VERY weak weight class that could have gone either way.

stop coming here trying to make things into something they are not. hey i heard a rumor, tyson is gonna come back to fight george foreman in 6 months. that is about how ridiculous you sound trying ot put mma down.

this is hte last post i will make to your trolling ass.
I guess that's a rumor you head. In the other post about MMA being like Pro Wrestling, I listed facts. I hope this is the last post because I had enough of you.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:01 PM

1,634 posts, read 6,718,934 times
I gotta disagree. I don't think Machida would have had an imediate rematch, unless that came from the man's mouth. Had Rampage/Evans winner been available, then Machida doesn't get it, IMO. But Rua didn't win, and Ramapage made a move , so we'll never know. Dana knows 50-45 Edgar is BS

Old 04-18-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA central coast View Post
I gotta disagree. I don't think Machida would have had an imediate rematch, unless that came from the man's mouth. Had Rampage/Evans winner been available, then Machida doesn't get it, IMO. But Rua didn't win, and Ramapage made a move , so we'll never know. Dana knows 50-45 Edgar is BS

i really believe an immediate rematch would be in the cards for machida rua regardless of the winner in that match up. i mean dana called for this rematch the same night it happened. he didnt even wait a day.

i agree 50-45 was complete bs, i have watched that fight 3-4 times and i dont see edgar winning by the "to beat the champ you have to beat the champ" way. he didnt land anything but a takedown, AFTER bj's corner told him to go to the ground.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:40 AM

81 posts, read 107,941 times
Because it was a super close fight, I had BJ winning the first 3 rounds so I think he actually won the fight.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:46 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,963 times
Because BJ didn't feel challenged and as a result probably didn't work out before his camp because he's lazy. Now he's actually going to put in the work on his prefight camp and come out a real ass kicker like he did against Diego Sanchez. If they rematch I don't think Frankie stands a chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)