Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 12:50 PM

265 posts, read 428,705 times

Advertisements

Any word on a Macy's coming to the Mobile, Alabama area or Spanish fort/Eastern Shore Centre?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2014, 04:52 PM

446 posts, read 678,198 times
not happening no time soon and they will not attach a macy's to the new center they building.....eastern shore may get one before Mobile but no time soon

Old 12-16-2014, 05:16 PM

1,892 posts, read 3,085,517 times
Don't be so sure. Stranger things have happened.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:14 PM

5,002 posts, read 9,154,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lem1985 View Post
not happening no time soon and they will not attach a macy's to the new center they building.....eastern shore may get one before Mobile but no time soon
Eastern Shore can barely support the JC Penny they have over there. I'm sure we can support a Macy's its just another Dillard.

Old 12-16-2014, 08:17 PM

1,892 posts, read 3,085,517 times
From my travels, I can inform you that the Dillard's at Bel Air is far better than most I have been in from coast to coast. (certainly better than the last full store in Huntsville) I make a point of going there for things that I know they stock better than others. Such as Merrill shoes.

For this reason, I agree, getting Macy's would add some competition but little else.

Old 12-16-2014, 11:52 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
Eastern Shore can barely support the JC Penny they have over there. I'm sure we can support a Macy's its just another Dillard.
there is no JC penny at the Eastern Shore Centre. Thats at Spanish Fort Towne Center.

Im guessing you either meant Belk, or you are confusing the 2 shopping centers themselves; Or you meant Eastern Shore in general, and in that case i would like to point out that Belk, Kohls, JC Penny and Dillard's are doing just fine sales wise.

Last edited by dsjj251; 12-17-2014 at 12:10 AM..

Old 12-17-2014, 07:57 AM

5,002 posts, read 9,154,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
there is no JC penny at the Eastern Shore Centre. Thats at Spanish Fort Towne Center.

Im guessing you either meant Belk, or you are confusing the 2 shopping centers themselves; Or you meant Eastern Shore in general, and in that case i would like to point out that Belk, Kohls, JC Penny and Dillard's are doing just fine sales wise.
No that's why I mentioned Eastern Shore and left out the Center.I don't have numbers but I was told that sales are below their targeted goal.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
Probably could support macy's. Dont count on a Macy's to be in Mobile what is it going to anchor in Mobile ? Something has to close and Mobile has to entice Macy's to convert old space in to new space. Right now Federated Inc(they run Macy'sand Bloomingdales) is not building or going into new markets unless they see fit and Mobile isnt on they high radar right now

Old 12-17-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj kapoor View Post
From my travels, I can inform you that the Dillard's at Bel Air is far better than most I have been in from coast to coast. (certainly better than the last full store in Huntsville) I make a point of going there for things that I know they stock better than others. Such as Merrill shoes.

For this reason, I agree, getting Macy's would add some competition but little else.

Exactly I worked at 2 Macy's stores back home and Dillards stores always looked better than ours. We just had more sales and discounts than dillards in those 2 malls

Old 12-17-2014, 10:29 AM

Call up Macy's Inc(run macys and bloomingdales) and see what they say about Mobile being on they radar. From my understanding from my old Co-workers at the 2 macy's i worked at they are closing some bloomingdales down and revamped existing Macy's and Bloomingdales stores to look good like Dillards and Von Maur stores. They had new store opening in the Bronx Sarasota Fl las vegas this year Puerto Rico soon and Miami has a new in 2016 those are the new stores. Everything this else is revamping old stores plus they laid some people and doing to redistricting ....Maybe around 2017 Mobile would be on they radar or able to get one. Or call the Southeat Division offices in Georgia probably one in Florida and one in Kentucky also to call
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area