Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2019, 07:57 AM

651 posts, read 475,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokoroanime View Post
Don't get me wrong, local gaming lounges are awesome because it would help benefits the gaming community in Mobile and Game Over Retro Pub is an awesome barcade to check into but I prefer going to a place where they have many ticket games, crame games, and prizes and I would like Mobile to have that.

Since Gamers and Geeks moved to its new location paired with Engage Gaming, the staffs has yet to reinstall
The DDR arcade and I would like more music game arcades to come to Mobile.

I would like Dave and Buster's, Round 1 or Main Event to come to Mobile because Mobile deserves a alot of fun. I aldo don't mind a local Dave and Buster's styled funplex rather than a chain, they should look into Margarittaville resorts in Biloxi. Think about the kids that prefers arcades more gaming lounge. Some kids might prefer Dave and Buster's over the Chuck E Cheese's and other smaller arcades in Mobile.

If Round 1 Entertainment ever gets announced for Mobile before Dave and Buster's does, then that would be in the old Belk Space in Bel Air Mall.
Have you gone to Eastern Shore Lanes? That has everything you want ( not sure about DDR though).

You see the problem with Mobililians is they put too much into energy and excitement into get getting more and more chains that they see in other cities. Some I can understand like Publix or Aldi while others it's like "what is the big deal when we have local alternatives that are just as good or better".

Chains aren't going to make the city great. They are good in some context but not at the level they are worshiped here.

Many of these don't even survive. Lets focus on building up within.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2019, 08:47 AM

5,000 posts, read 9,143,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakumaster View Post
Have you gone to Eastern Shore Lanes? That has everything you want ( not sure about DDR though).

You see the problem with Mobililians is they put too much into energy and excitement into get getting more and more chains that they see in other cities. Some I can understand like Publix or Aldi while others it's like "what is the big deal when we have local alternatives that are just as good or better".

Chains aren't going to make the city great. They are good in some context but not at the level they are worshiped here.

Now you are preaching ! Especially when it comes to restaurants. Mobile has some of the best local food joints in the country hands down.This city is slept on in that category.

Old 03-27-2019, 07:36 AM

426 posts, read 382,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otakumaster View Post
have you gone to eastern shore lanes? That has everything you want ( not sure about ddr though).

You see the problem with mobililians is they put too much into energy and excitement into get getting more and more chains that they see in other cities. Some i can understand like publix or aldi while others it's like "what is the big deal when we have local alternatives that are just as good or better".

100%

Old 03-27-2019, 08:32 AM

1,498 posts, read 1,855,302 times
Quote:

Agreed 100%

Old 03-28-2019, 12:43 PM

562 posts, read 665,353 times
In terms of the mall itself, the way it's leased makes it very difficult for non-chains to set up shop, unless they are desperate and let "space-fillers" sign short term leases. There are a few exceptions, but it seems the chains are the only takers due to the high investment in leasing, along with these leases bring done several locations at a time (like how we landed H&M, PF Chang's and Grimaldi's)

The retail apocalypse hasn't slowed down, and it's claimed some high profile victims, even in the mall itself. At some point, the model is going to have to be tweaked but Bel Air has been more fortunate that they solved the "Sears" problem by moving Belk, but many more malls are much more worse off and have to get creative to fill in their holes....

Old 04-11-2019, 10:35 PM

290 posts, read 382,432 times
Quote:

Yes, I've been to Eastern Shore Lanes and it was great and still and is it better than what we have here in Mobile. I would spend my time there ofteh but I couldn't for some reason. Would be nice if they has put something very similar to Eastern Shore Lanes in Mobile because it is better than the arcade rooms in Lazer Zone and Schillinger Rd AMF. ESL has alot of games and prizes while the prizes at LZ aren't really good.

I still support redemption arcade games, winning tickets, and prizes so matter what. Think about the kids whose parents can't afford to travel out of Mobile for Dave and Buster's, Margarittaville Resort, and other. Like I said, I would like Dave and Buster's or Round 1 Entertainment to come to Mobile so kids and family would have the fun here in Mobile. Not all people can afford to travel for them.

Old 04-12-2019, 08:14 AM

651 posts, read 475,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokoroanime View Post
Yes, I've been to Eastern Shore Lanes and it was great and still and is it better than what we have here in Mobile. I would spend my time there ofteh but I couldn't for some reason. Would be nice if they has put something very similar to Eastern Shore Lanes in Mobile because it is better than the arcade rooms in Lazer Zone and Schillinger Rd AMF. ESL has alot of games and prizes while the prizes at LZ aren't really good.

I still support redemption arcade games, winning tickets, and prizes so matter what. Think about the kids whose parents can't afford to travel out of Mobile for Dave and Buster's, Margarittaville Resort, and other. Like I said, I would like Dave and Buster's or Round 1 Entertainment to come to Mobile so kids and family would have the fun here in Mobile. Not all people can afford to travel for them.
Eastern Shores 30 min away from Mobile. It's not like they have to drive to Gulf Shores or Bham.

Old 04-12-2019, 09:09 AM

489 posts, read 463,276 times
If that. I live and midtown and my wife and I took the kids two weeks ago. It took us about 15 minutes to get there.

Old 04-12-2019, 09:31 AM

313 posts, read 248,650 times
The eastern shore is not 30 mins away lol. maybe if youre coming from the shillinger area but taking shillinger until it turns into theodore dawes will take you to i10 tgen its all interstate.

Old 04-12-2019, 10:52 AM

21 posts, read 14,945 times
Has anyone seen the Pop up fair they got going on in front of target? The Farris wheel was a surprise last night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area