Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2012, 01:47 PM

2 posts, read 3,057 times

Advertisements

My family moved to Havre a year ago from Missouri and the housing is horrible to say the least. It was very difficult to even find a place to live. When we did it was over the phone, an apartment that is too small for our 4 member family and it isn't is a great area. We found that looking through advertising isn't really the best way to go. We have been told word of mouth is the best way to find decent rental situations. We would really like an area that is safe for our children to play (ages 6 & 8) 3-4 bedroom house with a yard. We don't mind being out of town just not too far out. My husband works for BNSF and has heard Columbia falls is better than right in White Fish but still close enough to the job. So I'm really wanting the inside scoop as to who is good to rent from and who isn't and the area of town we should be looking in. Any input would be wonderful. Thank you for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 01:58 PM

26 posts, read 73,281 times
I've been researching moving to the Flathead Valley area for a year now. I have been looking at places to buy rather than rent. I would think you'd have more options in Kalispell rather than CF, and in my mind it's still close enough to WF, but it depends on what you consider close.

Good luck, and hopefully someone with more insight into the area will be able to help.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:09 PM

2 posts, read 3,057 times
thanks for the reply. We thought about Kalispell. Hoping to visit the area this weekend. I want a smaller community and population wise Kalispell seems to be the "city" of the area. I have young children and want them to go to a smaller school if possible. White Fish being the right population but is such a tourist area....

Old 04-04-2012, 03:15 PM

26 posts, read 73,281 times
That's true, we visited there last summer, it was really nice. Stopped and checked out Kali, WF, CF, and BF. I think that CF was probably the best middle ground between touristy, and "city". Evergreen is kind of a suburb of Kalispell, which might also fit your needs, don't know about the schools though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana