Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2014, 01:18 PM

9 posts, read 12,417 times

Advertisements

Can anyone shed light on Applied Material's salaries for the office personnel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2014, 06:43 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
Are you talking about Applied Materials out of Austin Texas?

Old 03-09-2014, 07:55 AM

Company headquarters is probably based out of Texas. I'm asking about the branch in Kalispell, MT, formerly known as Semitool.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:34 AM

I can't tell you about the branch in Kalispell, but I can tell you about the company, Applied Materials and their practices. Doesn't make much difference which branch, the company itself has some pretty nasty practices. Employee's are constantly on edge because they have no idea if employment lasts past payday.

Several times I saw them create new departments, move select people to that department, and once the department was fully staffed, they closed the department and layed off every person. It was so bad that people were jumpy when being transfered because they didn't know if they were going to a true department, or if they were being herded into a department for slaughter.

I was a contractor that did some work for Applied Materials. I designed harness for their robotics, and then made those harness's. In a 4 year period, I seldom dealt with the same person twice. They rotated people around that quickly and that often. Of course, I was only on site to their location, a couple times a month.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:28 AM

160 posts, read 301,312 times
Elk, the Applied Materials in question is headquartered in Santa Clara, Ca. Huge company. I have worked there as a contractor from time to time over my career.

OP, I have know idea what AM is paying at the old semi-tool facility in Kalispell. Let us know if you find out.

Old 03-09-2014, 12:26 PM

When I was in college, I had access to salary reports that alumni turned in to the university recruiting department, and was able to see what the alumni were being paid at many different employers. At the time, the reported pay by alumni at Semitool was absolutely terrible. Not sure if that was bad data or representative data.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumminszhere View Post
Elk, the Applied Materials in question is headquartered in Santa Clara, Ca. Huge company. I have worked there as a contractor from time to time over my career.

OP, I have know idea what AM is paying at the old semi-tool facility in Kalispell. Let us know if you find out.
My mistake. However, it's the same company. Applied in Austin employs approximately 15,000 employee's, so I was thinking that was the headquarters, but you are right, it's Santa Clara. It is still the same company. I was out of Grand Prairie (Dallas/Ft Worth) and had to drive down to Austin quite often. Their major setup there was producing clean room chip manufacturing chambers. We did all the harnessing, wiring, and some chamber design for them.

Very demanding company that wants in all the vendors pockets. We absolutely did not like them, but when they did $30 mil a year with my small plant of 109 people, we tolerated them.

Old 03-10-2014, 01:01 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,533,648 times
Daily Inter Lake: Northwest Montana's source for news, sports and weather

Read past issues of the local paper.
Applied is as EH said, looking to cut 10% employees and close non-performing sites. Bottom line of article is long term lack of employment security in that local biz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana