Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 03:59 PM

68 posts, read 240,181 times

Advertisements

ok, let me ask all Montanian's...

If I were to give you 100k more then you thought your home was worth, would you take it?

If you first think yes, or even Hell Yes!!!

Then you too are the problem!

That is how this whole thing happened across America, is some people with BIG pocket books offered more. And it trickled into a spot where the middle class is being whipped right off the table.

Well, if you wanta do something about it then remember this before you sell your next home, and remember this before you whip yourself off of the table.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 04:18 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,066,267 times
I'm asking $87,500 for my house .I don't even have a running car or truck, I am still making payments on my wifes three knee surgerys and her back surgery 8 years ago not to mention my recent hydrocelectomy. And I am supposed to be part of some problem if I accepted $100,000 more than I'm asking ! I don't think so, and I don't even care. I'm too concerned with how I'm going to get some money to fix my truck than to care if someone can't afford to buy property anymore because prices have gone up.

Old 07-19-2007, 04:28 PM

and why do american's have such rediculous med bills? another issue.

but still if you did take 100k more then you were asking for. it would indeed cause or contribute to the problem.

then the next 6 months and beyond would change the range that homes in your area were worth. so when a Realtor gave the owner of your neighbor an idea of what he can sell his house for it would be higher, and then higher for the next and higher for the next...

it will continue till folks like yourself go bankrupt, homeless or worse.... if there is anything worse.

what ever happened to America being a place where anyone can purchase a home. have a hard working good paying job and get by...? wasnt that why America was discovered. to get away from where we are now at again?

Old 07-20-2007, 06:26 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
I think it will be that America again, it will take some time but eventually the prices will level out and wages will have to raise becasue there's only so many people qualified to buy coming here and there are more houses than people. It's just going to be rough until then.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I think it will be that America again, it will take some time but eventually the prices will level out and wages will have to raise becasue there's only so many people qualified to buy coming here and there are more houses than people. It's just going to be rough until then.
thats an optimistic view. lets hope. but what if we hit a recession instead? i happen to be a realtor. i see the market daily. if there were someone wise watching out for this countries well being - and stopped the priced from going beyond the ability for a couple to purchase then we would be fine. i mean its just carpet, wood, and a roof on God give land. why should a house thats only 3 bedroom 2 bath on an acre here be $450k? that mortgage makes both couple have to work. and puts the kids in the hands of others. not the way God made family...

Old 07-20-2007, 08:47 AM

47 posts, read 202,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAGoodPerson View Post
thats an optimistic view. lets hope. but what if we hit a recession instead? i happen to be a realtor. i see the market daily. if there were someone wise watching out for this countries well being - and stopped the priced from going beyond the ability for a couple to purchase then we would be fine. i mean its just carpet, wood, and a roof on God give land. why should a house thats only 3 bedroom 2 bath on an acre here be $450k? that mortgage makes both couple have to work. and puts the kids in the hands of others. not the way God made family...

The same thing happened to the Flathead in the early 90's and people were saying the same thing then that they are now. The sky never fell and wages slowly caught up to cost of living.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbmontana View Post
The same thing happened to the Flathead in the early 90's and people were saying the same thing then that they are now. The sky never fell and wages slowly caught up to cost of living.
but in the 90's the market went from the 80k range to the 110k range. the interest was what hurt people then. 25% interest in the 80's & 90's. but now, a home at 300k-450k from that 110k range. am i the only one who sees the difference in that mortgage.

the gov's goal is to whip out the middle class. isnt home prices *WAY TOO HIGH* going to do just that?

if you buy a home for 350k right now you will pay over 800k dollar in 30 years. right now banks are offering 40 year loans cause first time home buyers cannot afford the mortgage on a 30 year.

i do not see minimum wage catching up that fast... or at all.

i have clients who are closing escrow next week on a $360k piece of junk in cali. it hasn’t been updated since it was built in the 60's even down to a chandelier that looks like it's right out of a boat. yuk. but after me telling them for over 10 months this isnt the time to buy. your mortgage will be too high... they did anyways. the house they are buying was rented out for $750 a month. now they are buying it to have a 40 year mortgage of $2400 a month for the first year $2600 the second and 2800 the third to the 40th.... the lender called that a deal. my client is a fireman who risks his life every single day for our safety. and this is the how our country is treating him. he makes 2k too much a year to get a grant... he makes too much for any special deals... but not enough to afford that mortgage.

Last edited by JustAGoodPerson; 07-20-2007 at 09:16 AM..

Old 07-20-2007, 09:13 AM

You're right, things are expensive and middle class is getting priced out of the market. But minimum wage was never enough to buy a home, especially in resort area like the flathead.

My point is that the market is slowing down and regular people will not be forced out. I lived in Whitefish for twenty years and still have many friends and family members in the area. Some are better off than others, but they all make it work.

Yes, you do have to make some sacrafices to live in this area but you do get alot in return and there are still plenty of affordable homes in the area. Granted, you probably won't be able to afford the mountain or waterfront, but you still get to live in a great area.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbmontana View Post
You're right, things are expensive and middle class is getting priced out of the market. But minimum wage was never enough to buy a home, especially in resort area like the flathead.

My point is that the market is slowing down and regular people will not be forced out. I lived in Whitefish for twenty years and still have many friends and family members in the area. Some are better off than others, but they all make it work.

Yes, you do have to make some sacrafices to live in this area but you do get alot in return and there are still plenty of affordable homes in the area. Granted, you probably won't be able to afford the mountain or waterfront, but you still get to live in a great area.

well if we want to stay tight and live in a small house there we can get something near the water. but i am tired of living tight to own a house... ya know.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAGoodPerson View Post
well if we want to stay tight and live in a small house there we can get something near the water. but i am tired of living tight to own a house... ya know.

I would think that you would have a better understanding of this, being a real-estate agent and all. I might be wrong, but it appears that you feel entitled to owning a great home in a great area. There are plenty of places in the state, and country, where homes are very cheap. My point about this area is that, yes things cost more, but you get alot in return. And when you compare it to other areas they are not that expensive. If you want to see expensive then look at Aspen, Vail, or Tahoe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana