Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 08:45 PM

843 posts, read 1,298,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I've lived in Montana for 12 years and I've never filled out any census forms, have never seen or talked to any census workers and I don't hide out in woods, I lived in a few towns and I am registered to vote. Maybe they don't seek me out because they know who I am because I'm a voter ?

They don't do the Census based on whether or not your registered to vote. It is only based on address.

What the Census really is is a headcount of all persons living at any given address of April 1st of the 10 year census. For example, all that is important as far as the census goes is how many people live at your address on April 1st of 2010. Doesn't matter what gender, age, ethnicity etc........ All that stuff is used for budget purposes.

They either just missed your address or you got a form in the mail and threw it away without filling it out.

I used to work at the Census Bureau. I don't usually admit that I worked for the Feddle Gummit. But I was young and I needed the money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 01:31 AM

474 posts, read 1,067,304 times
Just thought I'd pop over to another state forum, and see what was happening in a state I've never visited. This thread is pretty funny! Guns, the Govt., the right to bear arms; what interesting topics. On my forum, you have to be very careful, can't be too funny. They will pull all your best posts, if it seems you don't like it here. Only certain people have the right to free speech. The people that gush about Tucson(and use lots of smilies) have free speech, those of us that don't like it here, don't have free speech. Many of the frequent posters(most of the Tucson lovers) don't understand humor, or sarcasm, unless you use the appropriate smiley to go with it. We have such a dull forum, for the most part, all the Tucson-loving frequent posters want to talk about is the weather(no discussion needed, because it's hot! & dry all the time), or how beautiful it is here. Ugh! I've never heard as much inane drivel in my life. The inmates are running the asylum on my forum. And, did I hear someone mention "chemtrails." I haven't heard this in awhile. I guess the guy posting about it here on our forum and Craigslist must have moved to Montana. Sorry, I never quite understood what he was talking about, but we do have a military base practically in the middle of town. Lots of jet trails. Is that what he was talking about?

Disallusioned, Disenchanted, Pistol-Packing, Displaced Texan living in Dante's 10th Ring of Hell!

Must be nice to live in a state where people can speak their own mind. Most of the people here have drunk the Koolaid already.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:41 PM

989 posts, read 3,526,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellringer View Post
Just thought I'd pop over to another state forum, and see what was happening in a state I've never visited. This thread is pretty funny! Guns, the Govt., the right to bear arms; what interesting topics. On my forum, you have to be very careful, can't be too funny. They will pull all your best posts, if it seems you don't like it here. Only certain people have the right to free speech. Many of the frequent posters(most of the Tucson lovers) don't understand humor, or sarcasm, unless you use the appropriate smiley to go with it.
Must be nice to live in a state where people can speak their own mind.
We have fun here, we give each other a hard time and enjoy each others company. I'm part of some other forums that treat new people like crap or just ignore them. On the Montana forum we are small so we try to include all. The moderator might have to do work behind the scenes that I don't know about but I think we all moderate ourselves pretty well, and yes, we like humor.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:43 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
its not legal to shoot anybody for trespassing.
its legal to shoot people that are trying to kill you.
shooting unarmed trespassers that pose no threat is murder.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:06 PM

843 posts, read 1,298,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
its not legal to shoot anybody for trespassing.
its legal to shoot people that are trying to kill you.
shooting unarmed trespassers that pose no threat is murder.
Unless it is an environmentalist.

Then you should get a ribbon for it.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:23 PM

8,090 posts, read 15,163,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellringer View Post
Must be nice to live in a state where people can speak their own mind. Most of the people here have drunk the Koolaid already.
You're now enjoying freedom from political correctness.

That's one of the major traits that distinguishes the farming midwest -- people make up their own minds. We may take our time doing so, and may not be obvious about it, but we won't be stampeded into GroupThink.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:01 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I've lived in Montana for 12 years and I've never filled out any census forms, have never seen or talked to any census workers and I don't hide out in woods, I lived in a few towns and I am registered to vote. Maybe they don't seek me out because they know who I am because I'm a voter ?
Huh, there was one wandering around out where I live. Thankfully my mailbox is five miles down the road and my driveway is gated and property fenced and posted and the house out of sight from the road.

This guy was parked across the entrance to my driveway trying to figure out how to get un-lost when I come rolling up. I said for him to move his car. He asked if I lived down there and I lied and said no, I was just checking on my cows and that I actually lived in town. He moved his car and I entered the gate and replaced it and locked it and left him standing there staring at me.

I never saw him again.......................Good riddance. Meddling, nosy SOB's.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:00 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
If it's tourist season, why can't I shoot them??

You didn't mention tourist season. That opens up a lot of opportunities.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:48 PM

474 posts, read 1,067,304 times
No GroupThink where I'm originally from, San Antonio. I don't know what the deal is here in Tucson? Montana sounds like it has some interesting free thinkers. It also sounds like the Wild West never died out there. Is Montana the state where you can drive as fast as you want? Or is that somewhere else?

Old 05-21-2009, 12:54 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleMarathoner View Post
Unless it is an environmentalist.

Then you should get a ribbon for it.
To hell with the ribbon

We give medals for that sort of thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana