Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 10:15 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,589,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Hang in there, lots of negativity floating around lately. I appreciate your humor and good counsel.
EH,
I agree with seven of nine on this. I, too, appreciate what you bring to the forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 03:13 AM

281 posts, read 869,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I think I'm done. Iv'e tried, I've done my best.
I hope you stick around as I enjoy your posts. I notice that this has been going on, on other forums I post on. Seems like people are losing it more often. I agree with Catherine that it's been crazy lately.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:07 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times
Quote:
Not sure why, but people have been nailing me hard. Don't think I need it and I'm willing to quit because of it.
You mean on the forums??

My own opinion? You're one of the more rational mods, far as I've paid attention to it. Some seem to take offense (like it's personal against them) at the least little argument. I think it's healthier to let most arguments go on, and even get a bit disagreeable at times, so long as they don't degenerate to name-calling and my-god-can-beat-up-your-god. From what I've seen you usually call 'em about right.

Might be you're just spreading yourself too thin, what with all the out-of-state mods you've been subbing lately!!

Old 09-28-2009, 10:09 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
Elkhunter,
"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

When you do the right thing, for the right reasons, those who are only trying to forment unrest or pick a fight will attack and fight dirty.

I would be happy to sign a "Troll Hunting" license for your express use, the fee will be waived of course.

You do a good job, don't let the unruly few force you to make a decision that would only benefit those who would cause trouble and contribute nothing of value to this site.

Good Hunting!!

Old 09-28-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgobucks! View Post
I'm SO with you on this...Something's going on, and I'm talking about on a much more larger level than just this site. I live in the midwest..... VERY strange.

Our country is changing and I think it's causing stress. Change is stress. Period.
You're right -- and it's not just the change, it's the uncertainty about where all this change is taking us. It's polarizing people and frankly I think separating the wheat from the chaff in a way we haven't seen since the Civil War.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:58 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Thanks for the support.

Got a wake up call from a daughter asking me when I'd be willing to put in as much time with my grandkids as I do with CD. She was right, just took the brick to the side of the head to realize it.

I've had some nasty DM's lately. Not from you folks. But I mod'd 8 different areas. No more. I just can't do it. Won't do it. I'll stick with you guys though.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the support.

Got a wake up call from a daughter asking me when I'd be willing to put in as much time with my grandkids as I do with CD. She was right, just took the brick to the side of the head to realize it.

I've had some nasty DM's lately. Not from you folks. But I mod'd 8 different areas. No more. I just can't do it. Won't do it. I'll stick with you guys though.
Yeah, when a hobby gets to be a full-time job, it ain't fun no more And sometimes you just gotta ignore the idiots.

But we like havin' ya here, so don't go runnin' off agin

Old 09-28-2009, 03:18 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,670,675 times
Smile Happy Day!

seven says
screw em if they can't take a joke!

Now pulling out the grand kid card...well that is a tough one. You gotta hang here until all the hunting seasons are done!
Glad you are ok.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:21 AM

1,077 posts, read 2,631,757 times
ElkHunter, I appreciate your posts. If it were not for some of your posts, I would not be able to relate to this forum. Don't stop!

Old 09-29-2009, 09:26 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
what with the high salary you are paid are you sure you can afford such a move?
please reconsider.
you are preventing an avalanche of nasty people from ruining the forums.
we need you.
these people have no boundaries and hate authority figures little children in adult bodies typing at a keyboard. pity them, help them, whup them. he had it coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana