Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2010, 06:08 PM

778 posts, read 2,323,282 times

Advertisements

I recently came back from your state on a business trip. Let me add that I work for an energy service firm, and I'm literally not even a year a out of college, so this was my very first business trip. I'm not going to lie, I was terrified. I spent time in Rosebud County for a day and the rest of the time between Sunday Night and Thursday morning in Billings. From the time my plane landed, the people were absolutely wonderful to me. Very welcoming and warm. Billings is a great little town, nothing like I expected, especially the downtown area. I didn't have time to truly explore, but even the little areas I saw were stunning. When I was off I got to see the Rim Rocks and the Yellowstone River. Even the steppes and plains out east were beautiful. The weather was great thanks to the Chinook winds (the sad thing is it was warmer in Billings than it is nearly 800 miles to the south!) And you Montanans know how to make beer! Lets just say that some of it found a way onto the plane and into my fridge at home.

To all the people in your fine state who I came in contact with, thanks for making my first business trip in the "real world" a rousing success. If I could send the entire state a thank-you note, I would!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 06:53 PM

1,191 posts, read 3,002,921 times
Glad you had fun!
Come back and visit in the summer and see the western part of the state!!

Old 02-26-2010, 07:48 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,582,712 times
SHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

We are supposed to be a bunch of angry right wing gun toting misanthrop troglodytes (sp?) who cling to our Bibles and pickup trucks, Don't let the truth out or everybody will want to come!!

Seriously, very nice post and I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:30 AM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,123,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1soonerfan View Post
I recently came back from your state on a business trip. Let me add that I work for an energy service firm, and I'm literally not even a year a out of college, so this was my very first business trip. I'm not going to lie, I was terrified. I spent time in Rosebud County for a day and the rest of the time between Sunday Night and Thursday morning in Billings. From the time my plane landed, the people were absolutely wonderful to me. Very welcoming and warm. Billings is a great little town, nothing like I expected, especially the downtown area. I didn't have time to truly explore, but even the little areas I saw were stunning. When I was off I got to see the Rim Rocks and the Yellowstone River. Even the steppes and plains out east were beautiful. The weather was great thanks to the Chinook winds (the sad thing is it was warmer in Billings than it is nearly 800 miles to the south!) And you Montanans know how to make beer! Lets just say that some of it found a way onto the plane and into my fridge at home.

To all the people in your fine state who I came in contact with, thanks for making my first business trip in the "real world" a rousing success. If I could send the entire state a thank-you note, I would!
Well "Sooner/Boomer".......I compliment you on a fine 'post'. Some of it reminded me of my 1st "business trip".....when I was "right fresh out of college". (Short story version below):

Went to a small midwestern College ......7 days after I had my diploma in hand I was on my way to a (2) week 'Training School" in Newark, NJ. Flew from Midway in Chgo to Newark in a Capital Air Lines "Vickers Vicount" (48 passengers)........Oh by the way.....this was 1955.........When I got off the plane in Newark.....I "felt like a fish out of water". I think my experience was a "2" on a scale of "10" while yours was a "10".

I wish you luck in your working career and come back to Montana soon......anybody from Plano, TX is always welcome!!!!!! (I was treated exceptionally well there in 2004 after being involved in an auto accident).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana