Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2016, 07:12 PM

180 posts, read 312,347 times

Advertisements

I came across a comment by someone here implicating no YMCA, leading me to do a Google Maps search that implied at a skim no fitness facility that I know for sure to have a large gym. Maybe schools have something for adults, so I'll ask my first question this way: if I wanted to play full-court basketball, and not just expensive league play, how difficult would it be for me to do that?

Secondly, what are generally the best ways to meet people outside of work? Perhaps you could include how you met most of your friends.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 05:44 AM

8,498 posts, read 8,790,853 times
I see there is league play but I didn't dig for cost info. City touts drop in noon basketball. Probably some open court, perhaps for small fee. university in town, should have pick up games. Whether general public can get in I don't know. In deep past I remember getting to university gyms elsewhere (after my college years) for free by timing and blending in.

Can try to get know folks you buy stuff from regularly. Some incentive to be pleasant. Might get real with some, depending on match.

Probably some meet up groups. Or go to public events and mill around before, during and after making effort at meeting people (beyond quiet hoping it happens).

For meeting people beyond work you have the standard options of bars, coffee shops, churches, outdoor clubs, neighbors, etc. Get 1 or more "in", then dig (carefully) for more if it seems productive. Friends of acquaintances.

Book shops, gun ranges, university events (sports or otherwise). Depending on how safe looking and smooth you are, one probably could go to a store, see someone you want to meet and ask real and fake questions to break the ice. Maybe you make more of it then, maybe a chance next time.

Saying hi and smiling might help if you are ready to go further and can stay positive wading thru those who are not, or not the first or third time.

Last edited by NW Crow; 11-29-2016 at 06:15 AM..

Old 12-21-2016, 11:04 PM

12 posts, read 12,471 times
There are two gyms in GF, Access and Peak. I used to work at Access.
Both are good gyms with different vibes, the peak is more high end, new equipment and a different atmosphere.
Access is not so high end, family oriented and easy going. They do have good equipment and plenty of awesome classes too.
Personally, I enjoy places like access. Everyone I knew in GF, I knew from the gym.
Depending on your hobbies and age, I could probably link you up with some really cool people in the area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
View detailed profiles of: