Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 04:27 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times

Advertisements

So your ultimate point is that French immigrants to Quebec are moving back to France because they find Quebec too feminist and you base this on an obscure website forum for whiners where a few people failed to achieve success in Quebec and returned to France and you attribute their failure in Quebec to radical feminism?, maybe you can produce something a little more substantial to back up your claims as i'm a long term resident of Quebec and have never heard of Quebec being too feminist...

Last edited by jambo101; 03-25-2016 at 04:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2016, 05:11 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,040,463 times
These threads are always so weird.

Quebec is a normal place that is part of the western world. Like any place it's got it's unique quirks, some of which are good and some of which are bad. Some people like it, some people don't. Some people want to live here, some people don't.

Odd how some people make it out to be some incredible outlier, as if it's unacceptably different.

Old 03-25-2016, 09:57 AM

104 posts, read 93,151 times
The website is obscure if you don't speak French. A website with 140,000 members and almost 59,000 FB members is hardly obscure. If responses from that website are being studied by the Delegation of Quebec in France (an organization in charge of recruiting French immigrants), a professor from the University of Montreal, and the Wall Street Journal (a major international newspaper), you can hardly call the website obscure.

You guys keep giving me a hard time over the feminist aspect. But you guys completely overlook I am not making it up. It is right there in the article. It's also there in many articles. I've come to realize feminism in Quebec is a major problem worse than smog in China. Lemme give you fellas a little background about me:

Since last summer, after my parents returned from their anniversary celebration in Paris, I've been interested in learning French, from all the souvenirs and all the talk about how they wanted me to accompany them on their next French anniversary celebration. I've been self-learning French, joined a French club in my city, and have been tutored by sister who learned high school French. Like any single guy, I've wondered, "What are French speaking chicks like?" Since I'm interested in French-speaking countries in Europe, I checked out Belgium, France, and Switzerland. Swiss French women were reported to be unfriendly. Belgian women were said to be a mixed bag of distant and so-so friendly. French women were said to be distant but once she falls in love with you she will become your passionate lover. But the whole visa thing and moving to Europe seems complicated.

Then last January I remembered Quebec, that province to the northeast of where I live. And then I thought about the female descendants of French Canadian immigrants I'd met in the States.

FLASHBACK TIME *the screen goes blurry and then focuses again in the past*

In my 20s (I'm 31 now), I'd met almost a dozen girls with French-sounding last names Desrosiers, Sablanc, and Blaise. I'd always ask, "Hey, are you French." and I'd get the same response, "No, French Canadian. Can't speak a word of it though. My parents moved here in the 70s." They all had the same qualities every guy likes: friendly, charming, loves to laugh, cute, and easy to get along with. Unfortunately, they all had the one quality no guy likes: "I have a boyfriend." On their Facebook pages they always had pictures of them with their boyfriends, a few had the words, "I love my boyfriend to death and would never dream of leaving him" on their pages. So, in addition to their good qualities, they also had loyalty. They were friendly with me in a "look yeah, don't touch" kind of way that I respected and we had no problems. One girl invited me home and her mother met me and said, "Oh Ami, you should have told me we were having a guest. Let me cook something nice for you." Despite my protests that I was fine, the mother proceeded to cook me a nice French Canadian dish even though she'd recently finished a 10 hour shift. I thought, "Wow, these French Canadian mothers seem to instill a lot of great feminine qualities that you don't always find in regular American of English Canadian mothers. Maybe I should go to Quebec." But I never made the effort to go to Quebec and lost touch with the idea until last January.

FLASHBACK TIME *the screen goes blurry and then focuses again in the present*

So from mid-January to mid-February I researched Quebec regularly. I read a whole bunch of cons but they didn't deter me:

--the infrastructure is bad, the roads suck. "Who cares?" I thought. "I'll just ride a bike."
--the most corrupt province. "Who cares?" I thought. "Corrupt politicians are everywhere. Some are just more visible than others."
--healthcare sucks. "Who cares?" I thought. "I just won't get sick."
--high cost of living; for some things the taxes alone are higher than a giraffe's vagina. "Who cares?" I thought. "High taxes are everywhere."
--people act rude to you if you don't speak French. "Who cares?" I thought. "I'll just act rude back and say, 'Screw off! I'm learning French! Gimme a break!'"
--harsh winters. "Who cares?" I thought. "I've lived in the Midwestern United States most of my life. Winters suck there too."

All I knew that there would be hot French Canadian chicks and all those cons were just a bunch of useless jibber-jabber. Last February, I really decided to do research on the personality of Quebec women, rather than assuming they were like the French Canadian cuties I'd met in the States. When I googled "Quebec women" I came upon the F-word no guy wants to read: "Feminism". Fear struck me. I was scared my dream of learning French with a bunch of French Canadian hotties began to disappear. My fear turned to terror: American women were too feminist, English Canadian women were far more feminist than American women, Quebec women were far more feminist than English Canadian women. More and more my search for the personal qualities of Quebec women revealed how feminist they were.

After 2 weeks of reading about how feminist Quebec women were, one day I shouted, "Nooooooooooooo!" so long and loud my neighbor threatened to call the police. After that, I just sat back on my chair in silence. In January I had a dream that I'd get my own cute French Canadian girlfriend and after a hard day of work we'd eat tourtiere. Then she'd sit on my lap and feed me pieces of pouding chomeur and tell me what a great boyfriend I was. That dream disappeared and was quickly replaced by a nightmare. I saw myself being browbeaten by some French speaking feminist granola girl who thought cooking for her man was some sort of patriarchal evil and I should be grateful for feminism liberating women from the confines of always having to look sexy and be a good cook.

After having my dream crushed and realizing it wouldn't come true, I put the idea of moving to Quebec out of my head. Then, a week later, I wanted to research how a society that was once a Roman Catholic patriarchy could turn into an anti-religious feminist matriarchy within the span of a few decades. Turns out there was this douchebag revolution that was called the Quiet Revolution. Quebec men demanded more rights and liberation from English Canada. When they got it, that opened the floodgates. Quebec women demanded more rights and "liberation" from Quebec men. Now Quebec men are browbeaten men who delude themselves that this so-called "revolution" made life better for them. It didn't.

Quebec men before the Quiet Revolution=controlled by English Canada; had loving wives that treated them like kings.
Quebec men after the Quiet Revolution=still controlled by English Canada; browbeaten by feminist women who treat them as a necessary evil.

At least the Quebecois men before the revolution had one enemy to worry about. Today's Quebecois men have two enemies: the same old enemy, English-Canada, and a new enemy, and the new enemy sleeps in their bed.

And now I find myself talking to Quebec men and they keep pretending like there's nothing wrong with the women or society they live in. They say things like, "She may be a feminist, but..." there's no "buts". A feminist is a feminist. There's no positive way to put a spin on it. Saying, "She may be a feminist but she's good relationship material" is as bogus as saying, "She may have herpes, but she's good in the sack."

I get all these Quebecois guys telling me, "Quebec is a normal place". Yeah friggin right, dude. Quebec women say they'd rather not marry their boyfriends if it means taking their names. How is that normal? Quebec women have browbeaten you dudes so bad you spout hissyfit, estrogen-filled feminist rhetoric over 3 posts I made even before the women have shown up: "You're nothing but a 1953 woman-hating neanderthal that wants a slave for a wife if you hate feminists." How is this normal behavior for men? Quebec women throw a huge fit all over both the English and French media over a female minister simply stating she's more egalitarian than feminist. How is this normal? By the way, this what sucks about feminism. They ***** about non-issues to the point where the news media focuses on stupid feminist nonsense while real issues (like Montreal's 10% unemployment rate) go ignored.

No matter what you dudes say, Quebec is NOT normal. It's a feminist matriarchal dystopia. It's a worse dystopia than the Planet of the Apes. At least the dudes in that dystopia still had their women acting feminine and treating their dudes like kings. Nobody in the world is envious of you Quebec dudes. Nobody. Deal with it. You dudes need another Quiet Revolution, only make this one in reverse.

Old 03-25-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
You caught me. I wrote gibberish.
What I meant was "secure in one's masculinity/manhood". Men are constantly fearing being thought as feminine or gay.
I'm trying to have a discussion about women.

This dude wants to have a bitchfest about Quebec male fashion sense and how they treat him badly because they don't think it's okay for a guy to wear silk scarves and fine Italian penny loafers.

And then he wonders why people question his sexuality.

Old 03-25-2016, 12:03 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,101,947 times
"Their [Quebecois] pronunciation of letter as "h","r","th" is perfect. Ask to anyone in France to pronunce "th" and they will suffocate on their own vomit before to be able to tell you "thursday".

Oh, this made me hoot! Are you kidding? I've only known maybe less than 200 Quebecers, but none of them could pronounce "th." My erstwhile boyfriend despaired of ever mastering it. His Thursday emerged "Turrrzdee."

Dr. Shouts, you've said repeatedly that you "lose interest" at the sound of the word "feminist." How lucky for all women!
(One wonders whether you have any interest in women; notthatthere'sanythingwrongwiththat)

Last edited by Zenstyle; 03-25-2016 at 12:14 PM..

Old 03-25-2016, 12:31 PM

Mr shouts you are basing your opinions of Quebec from obscure blogs and forums while never having been to Quebec or integrating yourself in the Quebecois culture, your idea seems to be to get laid by a woman who will work 10 hours then come home bake you tourtieres then be a slave to your every whim.
Finding your ideal place in life is going to be tough as modern women in the western world dont generally cater to your way of thinking.
Personally i think you either have a major hang up with women or you are indulging us in some creative satire or both.

Old 03-25-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
"Their [Quebecois] pronunciation of letter as "h","r","th" is perfect. Ask to anyone in France to pronunce "th" and they will suffocate on their own vomit before to be able to tell you "thursday".

Oh, this made me hoot! Are you kidding? I've only known maybe less than 200 Quebecers, but none of them could pronounce "th." My erstwhile boyfriend despaired of ever mastering it. His Thursday emerged "Turrrzdee."

Dr. Shouts, you've said repeatedly that you "lose interest" at the sound of the word "feminist." How lucky for all women!
(One wonders whether you have any interest in women; notthatthere'sanythingwrongwiththat)
Ah yes, the gay-shaming tactic used by feminists against men. I knew there was one I was missing. So it seems like we've gone through all the usual feminist character assassinations. If a man doesn't like feminists, then they attack him with:

1. Saying his viewpoints are outdated. "Your viewpoints are from 1953."
2. Saying he hates all women. "You're a sexist, misogynist, chauvinist jerk."
3. Saying he only likes submissive/slave-minded women. "You only want a housewife who you can teat like a slave."
4. Saying he doesn't have enough balls to deal with a feminist. "You don't have the backbone to handle a real woman."
5. Questioning his sexuality. "You seem to have a problem with women. Are you gay?"
6. Saying he's a loser who wants a woman to treat him like her son. "You only want a woman who can pamper you like you're her son. How pathetic."
7. Telling the guy to leave. "We have enough macho pricks like you hear to stink up the place already. Good riddance. We don't need more of you."

I'm missing a few though. Come on, people, help me out here. What other childish attacks against men do feminists usually use?

Old 03-25-2016, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Mr shouts you are basing your opinions of Quebec from obscure blogs and forums while never having been to Quebec or integrating yourself in the Quebecois culture, your idea seems to be to get laid by a woman who will work 10 hours then come home bake you tourtieres then be a slave to your every whim.
Finding your ideal place in life is going to be tough as modern women in the western world dont generally cater to your way of thinking.
Personally i think you either have a major hang up with women or you are indulging us in some creative satire or both.
If I had used these obscure blogs and forums to come to a positive viewpoint about Quebec, you'd be happy and say, "Even using obscure blogs and forums are a good source to get a good idea about life in Quebec."

When I say I used obscure blogs and forums to come to a negative viewpoint about Quebec, you're angry and say, "Obscure blogs and forums are not a good source to get a good idea about life in Quebec."

Am I right in this assessment?

Everything in my story is true. It's not some outrageous action/adventure story. It's just the regular story of a potential immigrant to Quebec jazzed up to make things interesting. Regarding all the other things I've said regarding Quebec, they are facts too:
--the failure of French immigration to Quebec is such a huge thing that a major international newspaper has run an article about it. Fact.
--sources say 50% of French immigrants end up leaving Quebec within 8 years. Fact.
--one of the major reasons for leaving is the suffocating feminism of the place. Fact.
--Quebec went from a Roman Catholic patriarchy to an anti-religious feminist matriarchy within the span of a few years. Fact.
--Quebec women before the so-called Quiet Revolution had personalities far more appealing to men than women in the present day. Fact.
--if a single male is looking to move to Quebec, the first thing he's going to ask is "What are the chicks like?"; if you tell them they are such raging feminists that they've browbeaten the average Quebec male into being raging feminist themselves, he's going to lose interest in moving to Quebec. Fact.

You guys say, "I've encountered many people who left Quebec and none used feminism as a reason." Of course not. Look at the way you guys go into an estrogen-filled hissyfit over 3 posts on the internet. I'm sure they didn't tell you feminist males feminist was the reason because they knew they wouldn't get an even-tempered response.

The things I'm looking for in a woman aren't extreme in the slightest. You have gone into hysterics over nothing, saying, "You expect a woman to cook you dinner and tell you you're a wonderful lover?! So you want a woman who is a slave to your every whim! Barbarian!" Reality check, my browbeaten friend: there are still women in the western world who cook dinner for their men and lovingly tell their men they are wonderful lovers. They just don't appear to exist in a certain northeast, French-speaking province in North America. Even in France, there are still women who *gasp* cook dinner for their men. I know, I know. It's hard for you to believe, kind of like it's hard for you to believe in leprechauns. But these women do exist in the western world, including the United States. It's just that you guys are so delusional that you believe Quebec women are just like the vast majority of western women.

Reality check yet again: Quebec society and women are far more feminist than the average western country. When you get on an internet forum for talking about moving to a western country and say you don't like feminists, the vast majority of guys will respond with "Hey, I hear ya, pal." It is not normal to get a response from men where they call you a woman-hating sexist with the mindset of a man from 1953. When you have the men PMS-ing you over three posts saying you don't like feminists, then you know the place is so feminized that the men have been brainwashed with feminist rhetoric into thinking their society is normal. Of course, people who have been brainwashed never want to admit they have been brainwashed. If they do, it'll cause a mental breakdown.

Old 03-25-2016, 04:37 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Uuuh; Jambo and A/J I'd like to pose a question to you both:

Why are you bothering to engage this poster whose first post on C/D was to resurrect a thread dead since last December with the silly statement his dream of living in Quebec has been dashed because a variety of sources he's researched have given Quebec the "feminist and matriarchal" titles?

C'mon guys, let botti play in this cat's litterbox if he chooses but for heaven's sake; maintain your own dignity and self respect, eh?

Old 03-25-2016, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Uuuh; Jambo and A/J I'd like to pose a question to you both:

Why are you bothering to engage this poster whose first post on C/D was to resurrect a thread dead since last December with the silly statement his dream of living in Quebec has been dashed because a variety of sources he's researched have given Quebec the "feminist and matriarchal" titles?

C'mon guys, let botti play in this cat's litterbox if he chooses but for heaven's sake; maintain your own dignity and self respect, eh?
I'm bored with nothing else to do than to delve into the depths of this guys psychosis with Quebec.
That said you are right BruSan further exchange with this poster is rather pointless,he's given us his distorted viewpoint,what more needs to be said?....next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal