Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2017, 12:02 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times

Advertisements

Any one know whats involved in re registering an old motorbike in Quebec , in this case a 1932 Matchless D model that's been sitting in a barn for at least 60 years, and of course there is no paperwork with the bike.Looks like this one but in rougher shape,its all assembled and missing no parts and the motor turns over when cranked.but to ride it its going to need a plate.
http://cybermotorcycle.com/gallery/m...re-p02-800.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2017, 01:03 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Oh Jambo, I'm in full "lust" mode over here.

From my experience in both B.C. and Ontario, when no title papers are ever found you can swear an affidavit at a recognised agency like a lawyer's office authorized a notary public, etc., and work through the licensing bureau to ascertain if the vehicle is lien free by searching serial numbers ....et voila, new title issued. I am sure Quebec has similar procedure available.

Oh boy, what a treasure you've stumbled upon. Those were considered premier motorcycles in their day along with Douglas, Velocette, Royal Enfield, Norton, Ariels and Vincents. BSA's and Triumphs were slightly more pedestrian in the pecking order until most of those others withered due to higher production costs. Norton hung in there for a while but it and BSA couldn't find enough interest to compete with the Japanese machines.

Triumph has re-entered in the last decade but the cachet of a new model Triumph is far different than it's predecessors and why bother when you could buy a rompin, stompin Ducati that will run the jock-strap off any modern Triumph.

These guys would love to hear from you and have a wealth of experience with your current dilemna.

https://www.cvmg.ca/

Last edited by BruSan; 05-13-2017 at 02:30 PM..

Old 05-13-2017, 04:41 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
I'm an original member of the Montreal chapter,i gave up on the group some years ago as while they loved to debate the nuts and bolts of vintage and classic bikes i could never get them to actually ride, they thought i was some kind of radical for suggesting actually going for Sunday rides. The guy who now owns this Matchless is a member .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal