Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2012, 06:22 PM

3 posts, read 6,522 times

Advertisements

We are having a very difficult time finding a place the accomodates our needs.

Young, professional, non-smoking couple. I will be a new faculty member at WVU and my husband is an HVAC technician.

We need a house/condo/townhome with a fenced-in yard that allows dogs. Need something clean, in good shape, safe neighborhood, etc. but don't care about other perks! Don't mind a short commute (say 15 minutes or so).

Our search so far has been horrible. Several dumpy places, one which smelled of MJ! Few places that allow dogs.

Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 08:21 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,044,974 times
Consider buying a place. This is one of the best markets in the country for maintaining value in a real estate purchase. Our area has been consistently growing, and projections are that the pace will only pick up in the coming years. There are many condos and townhouses being built in various price ranges, and payments can actually be less than rent.

I suggest you talk with a realtor for suggestions. If you like, I'll PM you with a recommendation.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:13 PM

3 posts, read 6,522 times
Thanks, but I currently own a house. Until we can sell that one, as well as become familiar with the Morgantown area, we want to rent.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:41 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,044,974 times
There's no better way to become familiar with an area than to work with a good realtor. You don't have to buy to look.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:36 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,906,895 times
Which areas have you looked? 15 minutes is relatively close to campus, after considering traffic and winter weather.
Check around in the South Park, Westover and Star City areas. These are mostly family / non-student areas, which will be more quiet .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown