Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 11:08 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,036,538 times

Advertisements

Since Kendal Corporation consolidated their operations and moved out of Morgantown last year, a void has existed in that aspect of research. That is now being taken care of with a new and competing enterprise that has already employed more than 20 full time personnel, expects to have a $7 million impact on our local economy, and has the contract with Mylan Pharma to conduct drug trial research for that firm. Additional contracts are expected.

New WVU lab will test drugs on humans* - News - The Charleston Gazette - West Virginia News and Sports -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 03:01 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,871,311 times
WVU continues to lead WV in research!

Old 03-09-2013, 10:42 PM

708 posts, read 1,156,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
WVU continues to lead WV in research!
They have been doing pharmaceutical research in SWV for the last 16 years, tax free and without government regulation.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:44 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,036,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurseOfWilmore View Post
They have been doing pharmaceutical research in SWV for the last 16 years, tax free and without government regulation.
This is different though. This research is legal and for a worthwhile cause.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
This is different though. This research is legal and for a worthwhile cause.
I understand that this is a funded research project, and it does provide funds to worthwhile causes. I'm just saying Big Pharmacuetical companies have put out products that were detrimental to the people without using research, nor when they did know what their products were doing to people they never attempted to remove or change their products until billions were made and thousands of lives were destroyed.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Ok, I will give you that SWV is the state leader in Meth production.

I was talking about useful research, the type that helps people.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:35 PM

Since you like to Uncle Tom for companies that do no wrong like Big Oil and Big Pharma, I just figured I would post the damage that Big Pharma got away with, since you are always concerned about the people and environment and all.

Ps. we've already determined that Deep SWV has a minuscule amount of Meth bust compared with the other parts of the State.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Since you like to Uncle Tom for companies that do no wrong like Big Oil and Big Pharma, I just figured I would post the damage that Big Pharma got away with, since you are always concerned about the people and environment and all.

Ps. we've already determined that Deep SWV has a minuscule amount of Meth bust compared with the other parts of the State.

Go for it buddy. We already established the damage of strip mining. Good thing the industry is dying.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post

Go for it buddy. We already established the damage of strip mining. Good thing the industry is dying.
I for one would establish the damage caused by big Pharmaceutical companies. Billions upon billions have been paid in fines and class action lawsuits by Pharma for putting out faulty drugs that caused more harm than good. A industry that put out products like Vioxx, OxyContin, Phen-Phen, etc, knowing they had information these products may have adverse side effects, but yet still pushed profits first. Everyear Doctors receive kickbacks to write medicines people don't need, testing these products on poor, giving kids antidepressants and Ritalin, picking bums off the street to test medicines, all in the name of saving lives. Disposed medicines creep into our water and ground and pollute the land. Big Pharma has paid out more money, destroyed more lives, killed more people than strip mining.

Old 03-10-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
I for one would establish the damage caused by big Pharmaceutical companies. Billions upon billions have been paid in fines and class action lawsuits by Pharma for putting out faulty drugs that caused more harm than good. A industry that put out products like Vioxx, OxyContin, Phen-Phen, etc, knowing they had information these products may have adverse side effects, but yet still pushed profits first. Everyear Doctors receive kickbacks to write medicines people don't need, testing these products on poor, giving kids antidepressants and Ritalin, picking bums off the street to test medicines, all in the name of saving lives. Disposed medicines creep into our water and ground and pollute the land. Big Pharma has paid out more money, destroyed more lives, killed more people than strip mining.
Feel free not to take any medicine ever.

You are an interesting person Curse. You deny the ill effects of strip mining but hate pharmaceuticals which have saved tens of millions of lives in the past 100 years. Things like vaccines, anti-bacterial, cures for disease, treatment for AIDs, ways to fight cancer, etc. I could literally go on and on about how pharmaceuticals have improved so many things, but we all get the point. If every pharmaceutical company closed and all the pills disappeared things would be a lot worse. If all strip mining ended, things would be better. So for every bad thing you could say about pharm one could say 100 good things.

There is nothing wrong with painkillers. They help millions deal with severe pain and improve lives. People in SWV abusing them when they dont need them is not the industries fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown