Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2013, 04:14 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,946,208 times

Advertisements

We are driving from DC to Cincinnati with our dog for the 4th of July holiday, and I'm trying to plan a stop in Morgantown to break up the drive (both for me and the pup, neither of whom are fans of long car trips). My husband thinks I'm silly, but I found rooms with breakfast for $60/night, which seems well worth it to me!

Can anyone verify that these are in a safe area? (In the event that I need to take a midnight walk outside the room with the dog, I don't want to put myself at risk) Any reason to avoid them? I'm not looking for a Hilton, just a clean, safe room for the night.

Thank you!

Super 8 Morgantown
603 Venture Dr, Morgantown, WV, 26508

Ramada Morgantown
20 Scott Ave Morgantown, WV, 26508

Hotel Morgantown & Conference Center
1400 Saratoga Ave, Morgantown, WV, 26505

Also, we are planning to try to wear out doggy before the second day's drive. Is Krepp's dog park a good one? Is there somewhere better I should take her to blow off some steam?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 07:33 PM

32 posts, read 59,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
We are driving from DC to Cincinnati with our dog for the 4th of July holiday, and I'm trying to plan a stop in Morgantown to break up the drive (both for me and the pup, neither of whom are fans of long car trips). My husband thinks I'm silly, but I found rooms with breakfast for $60/night, which seems well worth it to me!

Can anyone verify that these are in a safe area? (In the event that I need to take a midnight walk outside the room with the dog, I don't want to put myself at risk) Any reason to avoid them? I'm not looking for a Hilton, just a clean, safe room for the night.

Thank you!

Super 8 Morgantown

Ramada Morgantown

Also, we are planning to try to wear out doggy before the second day's drive. Is Krepp's dog park a good one? Is there somewhere better I should take her to blow off some steam?
They are all safe.

Super 8 Morgantown
In a large shopping plaza - no dog park nearby. Might be some grassy area behind the hotel.

Ramada Morgantown
Not near anything at all (other than a Walmart across the street). Not sure about dog parks but that area does not have a lot of commercial activities so lots of grassy areas around.

Near Star City - this is probably the least safe area out of the three (although still MUCH safer than national average). There are some parks around in this area but I'm not sure about a dog park.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:01 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,044,974 times
All three areas are absolutely safe. The Ramada has lots of space around it so walking the dog there should pose no problems at all. Morgantown has a very nice dog park, but it is not near any of those hotels. I'd pick the Ramada. You can stroll around there with the bowser without any trouble. There isn't much development near it, and it is right off of I-68.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:40 AM

4,489 posts, read 10,946,208 times
Thank you both so much! Very helpful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
View detailed profiles of: