Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 05:00 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,588,833 times

Advertisements

5.625 would be very hard to get....that's putting AT least 20% down with most lenders....or at least 5% with some.
You will need a 720+ score....
And you will need to provide full documentation including a DNA sample!

You may receive a higher rate if it's cashout..depends on the LoanToValue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Banker you sound like a pretty smart guy (I've seen a lot of your other posts).

I was going to post a question very, very similar to JCO's (Hi JCO!!!).

so.....I currently have 5.625, 30 yr fixed, which I've had for 5 years.
I was thinking about whether refinancing, even with my own current lender (Countrywide), was worth doing at all.

The only thing I could see worthwhile might be getting some cash out (for a nice vacation maybe) but otherwise ????? is there any benefit????

Oh... I could document until they are blue in the face and over 800 credit score. Would that get me any lower than the 5.625?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 05:01 PM

They upped your payment? Are you in an ARM?

Quote:
That's good to know JCO.
I've had so many other problems with them recently because I changed homeowner carriers. They went and paid the regular one when they received the renewal notice (escrowed) despite the fact that I told them not to pay and then I sent them the new policy. Now they've paid the new carrier TWICE! So I'm waiting for a refund check from #1 to endorse to Countrywide for them to take out the payment for new #2, and to send me the difference. I'd like to know what they heck they plan to do about the duplicate payment.

In the meantime, they just upped my payments, effective February by about $500.00. I gave them hell, with no return trip, on the phone yesterday.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:29 PM
jco jco started this thread

2,121 posts, read 6,451,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banker0679 View Post
They upped your payment? Are you in an ARM?
I was wondering that as well. Is it the taxes or insurance that went up? They should not do this.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:42 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
No I'm fixed. Have been for 5 years. The mortgage that is. :-)))

Payments will go up because they paid the HOI (@$5643) and then they paid the 2nd HOI carrier that I switched to TWICE. So, in essence they have paid homeowner's insurance for me (from escrow) three times for this next renewal period.

Yeah, they were very fast to send me a new statement with my new payments due to my escrow shortage but they can't fix their own screw ups.

If anything my payments will be going down about $300/mth because I've gone from $6489 HOI premium to $5643 to now $2427. I'm in Florida remember.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:45 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banker0679 View Post
5.625 would be very hard to get....that's putting AT least 20% down with most lenders....or at least 5% with some.
You will need a 720+ score....
And you will need to provide full documentation including a DNA sample!

You may receive a higher rate if it's cashout..depends on the LoanToValue.
Well, I haven't done any new appraisals on this house but even with the prices coming down, because of where I am (location), not the greatest but extremely close to very good commuting options and shopping and all that.....I probably have at least 50% equity and my FICO is excellent.

But I guess I should leave well enough alone for now eh?

Old 12-20-2007, 08:01 PM

i think if you're less than 70-75% LTV you can do a refi cash out w/out any hits. Every lender is different

Old 12-21-2007, 01:13 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Quote:
That's good to know JCO.
I've had so many other problems with them recently because I changed homeowner carriers. They went and paid the regular one when they received the renewal notice (escrowed) despite the fact that I told them not to pay and then I sent them the new policy. Now they've paid the new carrier TWICE! So I'm waiting for a refund check from #1 to endorse to Countrywide for them to take out the payment for new #2, and to send me the difference. I'd like to know what they heck they plan to do about the duplicate payment.

In the meantime, they just upped my payments, effective February by about $500.00. I gave them hell, with no return trip, on the phone yesterday.
Our Mortgage just went down starting in Jan $150.It was done because we would have to much money in our escrow acc't.Pleasant surprise.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:44 AM

rates went back up again....

It's now at 5.875% 30yr fixed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages