Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 10:28 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,522,142 times

Advertisements

Ok applications are up but how long should it take from when all the documents are on file till the loan is actually funded?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 01:47 AM

36 posts, read 146,206 times
It differs from lender to lender. It can take anything between 10 - 21 days. Also what matters is how clean your file is? There are different stages after the file has been submitted. Usually it takes 3-7 days to get conditions on the uploaded/submitted file. Depending on how soon the conditions are cleared, it takes another 2-3 days for the lender to review them and to give clear to close signal. Once your broker receives that, you need to sign the initial HUD. The closing date is fixed and may be there can be a requirement to submit some documents prior to closing, if any. At closing you will have to sign the original documents. Once that is done, it takes 3 days for the amount to be funded.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:22 AM

Summer you seem knowledgeable I applied Jan 6 through Precision Funding -Emery Federal Credit Union and although my broker martin smith says Ill be funded by my deadline of Jan 28, I'm feeling uneasy.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:12 AM

5,342 posts, read 14,140,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
Summer you seem knowledgeable I applied Jan 6 through Precision Funding -Emery Federal Credit Union and although my broker martin smith says Ill be funded by my deadline of Jan 28, I'm feeling uneasy.
Deadline for what?
You can't really expect to get it done any quicker than that (22 days).

Old 01-23-2009, 02:11 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,588,833 times
depends if you have a complete package or not

i sent in a complete package last week, and they're closing today

i knew what the underwriter was going to ask for so i sent that and already had the appraisal done

Old 01-23-2009, 07:36 PM

58 posts, read 199,463 times
Depends on the relationship between your M.B. and the lender; if he knows what stips you need, copy of the mortgage, deed & note & appraisal and all the usual B.S personal info. and gets them in quick and knows the underwriter you can go as fast as renriq02 above says, or you can take a month if the lender hesitates, as they all are doing today, esp. for a small M.B. firm.

Keith G.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:56 PM

156 posts, read 493,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
depends if you have a complete package or not

i sent in a complete package last week, and they're closing today

i knew what the underwriter was going to ask for so i sent that and already had the appraisal done
Exactly! Here's someone who has been in the business for awhile. Experienced, good brokers know can anticipate what the underwriter is going to ask for before submitting the loan package. This only comes from experience.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:33 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,150,066 times
Locked in my refi rate on 12/17. Used my original broker and he was going with the original lender. Very little paperwork required. Original lender couldn't get it processed, so they switched lenders and it was through underwriting and docs were at the title company within (give-or-take) 5 days. Couldn't believe it!

Old 03-04-2009, 08:56 PM

Its been two months - I can't believe it. Emery Federal Credit Union combined with Flagstar for their underwriters keep asking for paperwork they received on January 6th - my mortgage broker seems helpless to push this along.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:05 PM

180 posts, read 694,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
Its been two months - I can't believe it. Emery Federal Credit Union combined with Flagstar for their underwriters keep asking for paperwork they received on January 6th - my mortgage broker seems helpless to push this along.
Flagstar is about 30 business days in underwriting right now. It's likely not your broker's fault. The lenders with the best rates got slammed from mid december through mid Jan with applications and were simply not staffed to accept the volume generated by these low rates.

Hang in there =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages