Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 07:19 PM

298 posts, read 596,476 times

Advertisements

ya...kinda like a hugo without the muffler...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 12:17 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,202,831 times
A "hugo"? LOL.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:33 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,402,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapaleeretired View Post
I got an email some years ago and I so wish I had kept it. In it a guy is sitting on a cruiser bike at a red light and a good looking gal crossess the street in front of him. He revs his bike. You are unable to hear him because of the pipes but you can clearly read his lips as he says "I have a small penis".
That says it all.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:52 PM

958 posts, read 1,107,517 times
spoken like one who has never road a Bike in public.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:07 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,202,831 times
The gratuitous insult, ungrammatical though it is, really doesn't help your case. I'm approaching my 300K mile mark on two wheels and see no point in having an annoying bike.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:56 PM

298 posts, read 596,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
The gratuitous insult, ungrammatical though it is, really doesn't help your case. I'm approaching my 300K mile mark on two wheels and see no point in having an annoying bike.
Neither do I but, who am I to dictate what someone else wants. Fact is, it ain't none of my business.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:04 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,986,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
That says it all.
Not really....just more psychoanalytical BS.

So the guy that has glasspacks on his hotrod, or the guy that drives the Ferrari (because no one NEEDS one, a Ford Pinto will also get you from point A to B) are also insecure?

Rubbish.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:18 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,982,885 times
Hell old classic wood boats here on the lake can be heard literally for more than 12 miles away from the late. The old geezers that drive these boats have gray hairs and wear captians hats and jackets as if they are some body.

Most have some swank chiquita they wouldn't know what to do with if they could remember. Then what about them little areo planes, that got no exhaust system what so ever, just about.

Now my bike is louder than stock to get some 10% more prefomance and better MPG's. It has a better freer flowing intake a better freer flowing exhaust and a fuel modual so the bloomin mix can be adjusted, since the stock bike has 0 way to do that. You can't adjust mix a bit as it comes stock.

It isn't straight pipes and it isn't all that loud.

I am very married too, so I really don't care what anyone else thinks about what's in my pants.

At 59 years I can knock off tail any time i want which is a lot and with no dammned vigra. The only problem I have with my wife is she knows about every dammned gun made and any time I bring a new one home she thinks it's a gift for her.

You guys on the whining side had best go check yer vagina's. I know biker chicks with bigger balls.

I scared 2 of them real bad hugging my son good bye one day. Once they were told the kid was my son they looked real relived.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:48 PM

225 posts, read 1,115,273 times
I've been riding since 1968 and have only ever had two pipes on a bike in my life. I had a Kerker on a 78 GS750E and I put it on because I liked the sound it produced. It was not excessive or obnoxious. I put a GYTR pipe on my new FZ1000 Yamaha and took it off after a week. Why? Because before I put it on, I could raise all sorts of hell and nobody noticed. After the pipe, I could get on it and then ride normally and 2 miles down the road people would have stopped working in the yard etc, and be watching to see what was coming. Going thru downtown drew waaay too much attention from the cops for this old guy, so off it came and onto ebay it went. I like a little bark but not too much.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:37 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,763,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBall View Post
Neither do I but, who am I to dictate what someone else wants. Fact is, it ain't none of my business.
Wrong, it is your business. It is all of our business because there are areas who are sick and tired of the excessive noise and imposing restrictions. And, when these restrictions are imposed they don't designate between noisy obnoxious machines and quieter ones; the restrictions are put into effect against ALL motorcycles. One of our favorite lunch destinations in North Carolina got run out of business because the other businesses got sick and tired of all the noise every weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles