Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 10:37 AM

1,639 posts, read 4,710,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post

I actually found Session 9, to be fulfilling...I liked the pace...

When I had my own place in the country...sorouned by trees, I would watch movies like this all alone, at night...and they tend to have a different effect on you in that enviornment...with soround sound...

I say, for those who like a good horror, thriller, give Session 9 a try...
I'm mixed on Session 9. I loved the atmosphere but not crazy about the story. All-in-all, it's worth a view.

My scariest: Pet Cemetary. It's not too scary now but when I watched it as a kid it absolutely wrecked my sleep pattern for a good week or two. It didn't help that I lived out of town in the woods at the time.

Favorite: Poltergeist and Scream. Poltergeist is a Halloween tradition for me, just kind of a fun classic. Scream is another fun one with an original story.

Genre: Slasher. Probably a result of growing up in the 80s.

Least favorite is torture types. I've never gotten into them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 12:05 PM

41,990 posts, read 75,271,349 times
1. Scariest movie you have seen? Only one? The Fog.

2. Favorite horror movie? I Walked With a Zombie

3. Favorite Horror Genre? Ghosts and zombies are pretty cool.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:29 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,284,928 times
Just finished watching "Spoorloos (The Vanishing)" (1988).

It was an excellent suspense / horror. Probably one of the best I've seen in a long time-- very chilling. It is about a young couple who are on vacation, the wife is abducted, and the husband begins receiving postcards from her abductor! I don't want to give away any more than that, but it definitely is a character oriented movie.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Just finished watching "Spoorloos (The Vanishing)" (1988).

It was an excellent suspense / horror. Probably one of the best I've seen in a long time-- very chilling. It is about a young couple who are on vacation, the wife is abducted, and the husband begins receiving postcards from her abductor! I don't want to give away any more than that, but it definitely is a character oriented movie.

I've seen The Vanishing that came out in the early 90s with Jeff Bridges and it sounds like the same plot. I never realized it was a remake.

Old 10-30-2010, 12:35 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,329,468 times
Ye, I saw the one where the lady vanishes in WA state...at some gas station...
At the time I saw it, I wasn't sure if it was based on a true story or not...

This is the version I saw...and indeed sent chills through me...

I too, wasn't aware it was a remake...

Old 10-30-2010, 01:28 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,284,928 times
Yeah that happens a lot to me, where I'll watch a movie and not realize it is a remake until after I watch it... some remakes that come to mind:

The Crazies (2010)
Vanilla Sky (2001)
Little Shop of Horrors (1986)
The Thing (1982)... remake of The Thing from Another World
Insomnia (2002)

Old 10-30-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Ye, I saw the one where the lady vanishes in WA state...at some gas station...
At the time I saw it, I wasn't sure if it was based on a true story or not...

This is the version I saw...and indeed sent chills through me...

I too, wasn't aware it was a remake...
Yep, that's it. It's on the Netflix stream so I may have to check it out again along with the original.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:24 PM

965 posts, read 4,503,170 times
I realize that I am resurrecting this thread after Halloween, but I just saw it.

(1) Scariest Horror Movie: The original The Haunting with Julie Harris and The Ring.

(2) Favorite Horror Movie: The Haunting.

(3) Favorite Horror Genre: Creatures in movies like Aliens, Predator, Resident Evil, the Underworld series, Starship Troopers, Tremors, War of the Worlds, and the creatures in this new movie called Skyline that will be coming out on November 12th.

Old 11-05-2010, 11:47 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,163,832 times
1. The Exorcist
2. The Mist
3. No preference - love them all

Old 11-05-2010, 02:54 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,329,468 times
I have a question...since this thread continues to live on...

Is it true that Brittney spears is the daughter of the lady who starred in 'The Vanishing'??

It's posted a few post's above this post...it would either be Sandra Bullock or Nancy Travis?

I've always heard Brittney Spears was her daughter...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies