Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 04:08 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,681,849 times

Advertisements

Wikipedia says that Rachel McAdams is unlikely to appear in the sequel. I thought she did a wonderul job as Irene Adler and I don't think the sequel would be as good without her. Has anyone else heard anything else about the sequel?

Sherlock Holmes 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Untitled Sherlock Holmes Sequel (2011) - IMDb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 08:37 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,733,591 times
i thought i heard about a sequal but was unsure. That would stink if she isn't in the 2nd one

Old 01-14-2011, 08:19 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,732,774 times
I've never read any Sherlock Holmes stories before so I'll admit openly that I'm clueless about it. I did watch the movie and it turned out unexpectedly very good.

My question: Was the character 'Irene Adler' supposed to be british or american? I asked this because Rachel McAdams' british accent in the movie was horrible..! It's very distracting because it went in and out throughout all her scenes.

I actually would welcome someone else as Irene Adler, someone who can stick to her accent.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:30 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,674,794 times
She was born in New Jersey but lived in Milan for a time.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:52 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,213,159 times
They could ask Elizabeth Banks - they are practically interchangeable

Old 12-28-2011, 01:20 PM

Did anyone see A Game of Shadows? I thought it was good, though not as good as the first movie.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:33 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,313,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Did anyone see A Game of Shadows? I thought it was good, though not as good as the first movie.
I liked it better than the first one, actually. I didn't care for the mystery/villain of the first movie. I enjoyed Moriarty as the bad guy much more. (And while I enjoyed the bromance between Holmes and Watson, I honestly kept waiting for them to kiss. As the tagline said, it's so covert it's overt. Or do I have it reversed and it should be "It's so overt it's covert"? Well, something like that.)

Old 12-28-2011, 01:35 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,674,468 times
I guess I'm to much of a Basil Rathbone traditionalist to wrap my head around Robert Downey Jr. as Sherlock. I like it that the Sherlock stories are sturdy enough to play to a new audience but the liberties that have been taken to keep it 'fresh" are simply to much for me. I see Sir Arthur rolling in his grave.

The new Sherlock Holmes is not entertaining to me at all. How disappointing.........

Old 12-28-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybergin View Post
I liked it better than the first one, actually. I didn't care for the mystery/villain of the first movie. I enjoyed Moriarty as the bad guy much more. (And while I enjoyed the bromance between Holmes and Watson, I honestly kept waiting for them to kiss. As the tagline said, it's so covert it's overt. Or do I have it reversed and it should be "It's so overt it's covert"? Well, something like that.)
I do agree that Moriarty was a better villain. But there was something missing in the dialogue of this movie. It wasn't as crisp and witty as the first one. I also didn't like the fact that they killed off Irene Adler so early in the movie. I wonder if her pre-mature death was written into the script because of some contract dispute or something. I hope she comes back in the third movie.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:21 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I do agree that Moriarty was a better villain. But there was something missing in the dialogue of this movie. It wasn't as crisp and witty as the first one. I also didn't like the fact that they killed off Irene Adler so early in the movie. I wonder if her pre-mature death was written into the script because of some contract dispute or something. I hope she comes back in the third movie.
Every hero needs tragedy. That's why I think she's dead. And the fact that Moriarty did it, makes it better. This movie was even better than the first! Just saw it last night!

I loved Holmes sacrifice at the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies