Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 06:46 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,980,280 times

Advertisements

A Few Good Men

Col. Jessep (Jack Nicholson): Walk softly and carry an armored tank division, I always say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 07:58 PM

15,145 posts, read 14,347,919 times
From the movie Monte Walsh with Lee Marvin and Jack Palance
Monte Walsh: I'm going after Shorty.
Sugar Wyman: You doing the laws work?
Monte Walsh: Shorty blew off Chet's head with a double barrel shotgun.
Sugar Wyman: Oh my God! Why?
Monte Walsh: Chet didn't say

Old 03-20-2011, 01:00 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,353,160 times
And then there's this classic, my favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EjNa8Ukg_0

Old 01-29-2013, 08:25 PM

7,121 posts, read 5,236,635 times
"I've spent little enough time in your world, Professor, and I don't pretend to be a deep thinker, but what I see is this: Trolls are everywhere. Different shapes and sizes, calling themselves by different names, but Trolls nonetheless. They like to tear things down, make everything the same, the way they like it. They run their ship by fear and bluster." ~ Voyage of the Unicorn (2001 TV miniseries)

I always felt as if some hateful people I've had to work for fall into this category~trolls who must diminish others to be either as miserable as they are or to feel superior to. When I ventured onto the Net in late 2007, I began encountering a not-very-different type of cruelty and harshness, and I was told these people are called trolls. So, I'm reminded even more of this little speech when I am wounded on occasion. (Being ADHD, I tend, as the saying goes,to wear my heart on my sleeve. It's easy to say, "Toughen up!", but it's difficult to develop the thick skin necessary.)

Mytyl & Daddy Tyl:
a) "Oh Daddy, I don't want you to go."
b) "I have to go, darling."
a) "Why do they have to have war? What makes war, anyway?"
b) "The same things that make trouble everywhere: greed, selfishness, those who aren't content with what they have." a) "But you're not like that, Daddy. Why should you have to go?"
b) "That's what's wrong about it, Mytyl. You can't be unhappy inside yourself without making others unhappy, too."
~ The Blue Bird (1940)

Lump it in with some lyrics: War! What is it good for? Absolutely nothing! Say it again! ~ Edwin Star

Old 01-30-2013, 06:40 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,641,217 times
I've used this one for years and almost no one knows where it is from.

"Have you ever felt alone, with no one to rely on? Danger on every hand, in a world fraught with danger, and when I looked into my pocket, what did I find? What did I find?"

"Nothing. There's nothing there. It's all in your head. Look, they can take the money from you. They can take the position from you. People turn their back on you. Everything happens to everybody! And you ain't gonna find nothing in your pocket to stave it off. Nothing can stave it off! Power doesn't do it. Because you never have enough. Money? I don't know. You know anyone who's got enough money?"

Old 01-30-2013, 08:50 AM

31 posts, read 72,570 times
The Speech - Scent of a Woman - YouTube

This one is one of my favorites.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:11 PM

23,616 posts, read 70,539,170 times
Fritz the Cat:

" I've been up and down the four corners of this big old world. I've seen it all and I've done it all. I've fought many a good man, and I've laid many a good woman and if there's one thing I've learned it's.. it's... it's you get over here and you get down there like that and then you blondie..." [Fritz starts dragging three girls to his hospital bed, jumping, removing their clothes and his bandages and begins having wild sex]

Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

"How do you know she's a witch?"

"What, the curtains?"

Old 02-13-2013, 11:20 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,946,638 times
My favorite:

Charlie Chaplin final speech in The Great Dictator - YouTube

Someone took this speech and edited in some music and various scenes; pretty powerful:

The Greatest Speech Ever Made - YouTube

Old 02-13-2013, 10:09 PM

3,803 posts, read 9,333,197 times
This really says it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weJM569zGjs

Old 02-14-2013, 04:01 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,163,851 times

The Art of selling by Alec Baldwin - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies